Naio Urban Graffiti gel polish peeling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmilyCK

Reaction score
Is it something i'm doing?

Shape nail, push back cuticle.
Remove shine with buffing block.
Cleanse and dehydrate nail plate (The Edge Cleanser & Dehydrator)
Apply thin layer of base coat and cap, 60 second in LED
Apply 2 coats thin layer colour and cap, 30 seconds each LED
Apply thin top coat and cap, 60 seconds LED

But they seem to peel off within a few days. I'm assuming its user error as its a highly rated brand but I'm not sure where i'm going wrong.

I don't use Naio but I think from watching Kirsty Meakin's YouTube channel only one of their topcoats is suitable for use on natural nails, are you using the right one?

I didn’t realise this! I’ll look into that, thank you!

“Urban Graffiti Top Coat is a high shine, no-wipe top coat that is perfect for natural nails. This top coat also works brilliantly over extensions and it can be used with our amazing chrome powders.” :confused:

“Urban Graffiti Top Coat is a high shine, no-wipe top coat that is perfect for natural nails. This top coat also works brilliantly over extensions and it can be used with our amazing chrome powders.” :confused:

Ok, so that's one thing sorted, next option is to approach your training provider and double check your process is correct

Final day of college Friday, was intending on speaking with tutor but to the best of my knowledge I’m doing exactly as taught!

I also don't use this brand of gel polish but I've watched several of Kirsty's videos and I'm pretty sure she just use the the Naio gel cleanser to prep the nail. I might be worth sticking to all Naio products for your prep as well, rather than introducing another variable by using The Edge products for your prep.
I agree with Trinity though, best way is to trouble shoot this with your educator.

I have used naio products I also have the same problem and I use all the same brands together!!

Removing shine with a buffing block actually smoothes the nail further. Try removing shine with a 180 grit file instead...talking from experience!! This was happening to me and once I etched with 180 grit, right up to free edge, things improved!

Is it something i'm doing?

Shape nail, push back cuticle.
Remove shine with buffing block.
Cleanse and dehydrate nail plate (The Edge Cleanser & Dehydrator)
Apply thin layer of base coat and cap, 60 second in LED
Apply 2 coats thin layer colour and cap, 30 seconds each LED
Apply thin top coat and cap, 60 seconds LED

But they seem to peel off within a few days. I'm assuming its user error as its a highly rated brand but I'm not sure where i'm going wrong.

Did you manage to resolve this? If so how did you go about it

Did you manage to resolve this? If so how did you go about it
Looks as though I was likely putting it on a little thick. Have had much better luck since thinning out the layers slightly :)

I also had the same issue with gelish it was when using a buffing block swapped to a 180 file and no problems I was making the nail too smooth so product had nothing to grab too x

Latest posts

Back