Name with a glam 50s feel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red

Reaction score
I know I know.....it's been posted a million times before as everyone says the usual "I'm having such a hard time thinking up a name that's unique...." but I AM! Seriously! But I'm hoping this is a little different yo your usual request!!!

Ok my background: I'm not far off qualifying as a nail technician and want to one day offer spray tans, EE's, make up, vintage up-do's (can already do) and maybe waxing....depends on the ole funds!

About me: I'm short with pillarbox red hair and am a devotee to 1940/50s vintage stuff (more 50s and not the whole Grease thing...urgh....think Marilyn Monroe in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes....very glam and glittery) inc. clothes, music, cars, decor, dancing, all of it.

So, my idea is that when I can one day set up my own beauty room to do treatments from I want to deck it out all 50s looking....possibly pink and black (although I know there's a salon in London that has this theme) or black and silver art deco style (what im veering towards currently) or just 50s atomic style with some vintage pieces like lamps, wall plaques, vintage atomic print curtains etc.

So, I need a name to reflect me. Including any of my name is not an option....I hate it.

Something along the lines of (but none of these jump out at me, I just want to give you an idea...):

Ruby Pearl (based on my hair and a 50s rockabilly song...even though not fussed if my hair doesn't stay red forever)
Blue Dahlia
Red Rose
Tigerlillies
The Powder Room (already been done)
Beauty Parade (a 1940s pin up mag but think it's been done)
Bombshell Beauty
Rockin' Reds
Pin-Up Parlour
Beauty Parade
Oh La La
Va Va Voom

Most of these have been done I think

So you get the idea....please throw your suggestions my way! I'd be eternally grateful!!!!

Red xx

Loving the idea .... here's what springs to my mind ...
Blue Moon
In the Mood
String of Pearls
Glam Central (my fav so far)
Lady and the Vamp

I'll keep thinking ..... x

Rock'N'Beauty
Blast Beauty
Dolly Lounge
Salon Dolly :Grope:

I am absolutely obsessed with 50s glamour and pin-up I'm not very 50s glamour myself but I'm trying, very badly! had couple of ladies in yesterday hair all up tattoos, flowery 50s style dresses was so refreshing. Wish had thought of a bit more quirky name when we was starting up. Sorry to hi-jack. Loving Pin-Up Parlour and Lady and the Vamp

Lill doll's room

Starlet Reflections

starlet Gloss

Style reflections

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Cherry Bomb xx

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Awww Mizzy i love this!

Lady and the vamp,love it!! I also really like The powder room but reminds me of cocain!?
good luck with it, sounds fab! x

I like Ruby Pearl and Blue Dahlia.

Silver Screen
Hollywood Glamour
Vintage Beauty
Retro Beauty
Diamonds and Pearls
Retro Lounge

Jacqui xx

i love rockin reds :)

some more ideas :

glamour dayz (as in happy dayz, sorry poor lol)
the dolly lounge
viva glam
viva glam beauty
retro beauty
frenchys beauty parlour
the starlet room /lounge/beauty parlour
powder and puff
vintage beauty
boudoir
peaches and cream
peaches
beauty arcade
belle epoque
la belle epoque (french for 'beautiful period')
belle boutique
boutique beauty

Last edited:
If your inspiration is Marilyn Monroe (Good choice, by the way!):
How about "Marilyn's"
Or "Monroe's"

"I just want to be wonderful".........one of the magnificent Marilyn's quotes x

Some really good ideas there the one 'Ruby Red's' sticks out from all mention so far .. some of them are similar to what I called my salon - Powder & Pout... everyone comments on it and it stands out from the rest as its so different

I love that Audrey Hepburn quote! I'm going to make a note of that and use it...as in a plaque on the wall type thing!

I do like Rockin' Reds as I think it would appeal to some of the ladies on the 'Rockin' scene.....aka the 50s rockabilly scene...also Ruby Reds i like that was on my list, but then if I choose red in the name I kind of have to dec it out in red....and everything's red in my life tbh! I also had Simply Divine in my list as when I done my footwear degree it was the name of my final range which again I based on the 50s....but again it's been used....

Lady and the vamp also sticks out too.....and starlet was a word I hadn't thought of....I am also quite liking blue moon and am thinking perhaps this could go with the black and silver art deco with some blue splashes of colour.....

Thanks all for the suggestions....I may do a list of possibles and repost at a later date for feedback.....it's deciding on one......

Hmmmmm, decisions decisions....!!!!!!

Red xx

Last edited:
I am absolutely obsessed with 50s glamour and pin-up I'm not very 50s glamour myself but I'm trying, very badly! had couple of ladies in yesterday hair all up tattoos, flowery 50s style dresses was so refreshing. Wish had thought of a bit more quirky name when we was starting up. Sorry to hi-jack. Loving Pin-Up Parlour and Lady and the Vamp

Hi-jack away! I love being different....all though do get a bit self conscious in going out the house on a normal day in out and out vintage :( as much as I'd love to! It's easy just to give an essence of 50s glamour to yourself....some red lippy and a lovely flower in your hair....some capris and flats.....simple!!

Going off topic, can I ask where you did your footwear degree? its what my daughter wants to do

I blue moon by the way ;-)

Going off topic, can I ask where you did your footwear degree? its what my daughter wants to do

I blue moon by the way ;-)

Hi Sarah

I done it at Cordwainders college in London, which merged with London college of fashion (think they're uni of arts now or something??!) i think they still do footwear qualifications. It was awesome but is soooooooo competitive. I only know of the only girl in our class who got a first who has made it relatively big....

Good luck!!

I love that Audrey Hepburn quote! I'm going to make a note of that and use it...as in a plaque on the wall type thing!

I do like Rockin' Reds as I think it would appeal to some of the ladies on the 'Rockin' scene.....aka the 50s rockabilly scene...also Ruby Reds i like that was on my list, but then if I choose red in the name I kind of have to dec it out in red....and everything's red in my life tbh! I also had Simply Divine in my list as when I done my footwear degree it was the name of my final range which again I based on the 50s....but again it's been used....

Lady and the vamp also sticks out too.....and starlet was a word I hadn't thought of....I am also quite liking blue moon and am thinking perhaps this could go with the black and silver art deco with some blue splashes of colour.....

Thanks all for the suggestions....I may do a list of possibles and repost at a later date for feedback.....it's deciding on one......

Hmmmmm, decisions decisions....!!!!!!

Red xx

I LOVE the idea of your salon. I really like the sound of
"Lipstick on your collar" Its fifties, flirty and fits in with the beauty concept. All the great names suggested would also make such good treatment names. In fact all your treatments could be named after 50's songs, that would be sooo cool! I'm getting excited for you!
Sx

Burlesque Beauty....?

Maybe a bit obvious but what about "The Beauty Parlour" or,

Ruby's Beauty Parlour,
Red's Beauty Parlour,
Blue Moon Beauty Parlour

(I just think you should have "Parlour" in the name. It's such a fab 50's sounding word)!

My friend suggested Be-Bop-A-Lula's and Memphis Belles....both of which I'm quite liking..... But I do like the idea of having parlour in the name, but then at the mo all I've come up with for that is Ruby Pearl's Parlour...also Silver Screen Salon is kind of appealing to me....As i can imagine a room dec'd out with old Hollywood film star portraits and all silvery and art deco....

Eeeeeeek....this is so hard....

Latest posts

Back