Nano bead hair extension - hair loss help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephiB1989

Reaction score
HI,
I have always come to the salon geek forum to get ideas and advice but never signed up and posted.
I now really need some advice around nano ring hair extensions and hair loss.

I had my nano rings installed for the first time on March 7th - they are 180 20inchs. All was well when I had them fitted and made sure I am treating them well as per the advice from the extensionist. I was told to expect maybe a few to come out but not to worry as this is normal.

Then today happened- I love beach waves but have been trying to not use too much heat on the hair as to keep it nice and silky etc. I decided today as my hair was 3/4 days after the last wash that I would use my beach waver to see if I can extend Washing by a couple of days.

As I used to do before having extensions I turnt my waver on to 170 degrees and started on the under neath of my hair (with heat protection obviously). I noticed after doing 2-3 peices of hair that it was extremely frazzled and frizzy do decided to stop as it was clearly damaging it. I washed, had a treatment mask and then dried with a low setting and left in plaits. I was relieved as the dry patch was now feeling a lot more nourished.

But I then saw a lock of the hair on the floor and to my shock it still has the bead and my own hair attached. I am now super worried that these extensions are pulling my own hair out and that I am going to end up having less hair.

Why would this happen? Is it normal? Is it possible that I accidentally burnt it off with the waver?

Sorry for the long post- I am hoping that I am just panicking for no reason but if I lost my actual hair I would be devastated.

Thanks

StephiB1989

Latest posts

Back