Nano extensions help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hula

Reaction score
Hi can someone please help me. I will be fitting my first set of nano rings soon which I feel confident in doing. However as I have no previous experience I would like to know how much natural hair is normal to have shed after the first rotation. I will be rotating after 4 weeks to start. I know that natural hair will fall out and stay trapped in the bead but i dont know how much to expect. Maybe someone has a photo of all the natural hair shed from a full rotation so when I do mine I can roughly compare. Thanks

Hi Hula, I really wouldn't worry about hair loss in the beads, everyone's hair sheds differently depending on the person and hair types. Just concentrate on having enough hair in the bead to support the weight of individual strands to last until you see them for maintenance, that you don't up them to near the scalp and don't have any crossed hairs trapped. Just explain to your client that the trapped hair is normal as people can loose up to 100 hairs a day! My hair is long and it gets everywhere!!! I moult more than my dog🤣 Good luck with your first nano set. Take before, after and placement pics so you have a record of your work. Hth.

Hi Hula, I really wouldn't worry about hair loss in the beads, everyone's hair sheds differently depending on the person and hair types. Just concentrate on having enough hair in the bead to support the weight of individual strands to last until you see them for maintenance, that you don't up them to near the scalp and don't have any crossed hairs trapped. Just explain to your client that the trapped hair is normal as people can loose up to 100 hairs a day! My hair is long and it gets everywhere!!! I moult more than my dog🤣 Good luck with your first nano set. Take before, after and placement pics so you have a record of your work. Hth.
Thanks for your advice.
Hi thankyou so much for replying and thanks for your advice it's much appreciated

Hiya i am a hair extensions tutor and i always suggest to try and get close to a Cm diameter. Depending on the silicone inlining in your beads depends on how much hair will fit. When you have applied a few strands in you will get into a rhythm and will know how much hair will fit in your rings. Make sure you dont apply too close to the scalp as it will cause client discomfort with the metal sticking out of the top make sure each strand has movement and also tug the extension slightly to make sure it is secure. Keep asking your client how they feel and they will tell you if it is causing discomfort. Hope this helps and good luck 😁 xx

Im new to fitting nano ring ive done 9 clients now and I’ve had 4 clients say they have lost loads before maintenance is it something im doing wrong because my other ladies have only lost the average thank you 😊

Latest posts

Back