Nano keratin smelly

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incognito

Reaction score
Hi i one of my self employed stylists has recently done a keratin smoothing on two ladies- sisters, the first came and then recommended her sister both were satisified and left reviews saying loved their hair and the experience. The second (as one came the week after the first on recommendation) contacted me monday after her thursday app (4 days) and said there was a problem with the treatment that she didnt like the smell as it smelt like rotten eggs. The stylist has washed her hair twice free of charge twice to see if it changes she has now said that she is considering legal action because it has triggered her anxiety and has caused her to be up at 3am washing her hair. she has now washed her hair herself an additional 6-8 times and her scalp is becoming red and irritated. She says its only smelly when wet.
We have contacted the education team who say we have done everything correctly and to advise her to use claryfying shampoo to remove the keratin (as she has asked how do i get it out) she said this is not good enough how much is it how long will it take. i have offered her the shampoo free of charge and a product mask. What else can we do the stylist has now become so anxious its knocked her confidence
Can anybody give me any advise on this
Thankyou

Hi i one of my self employed stylists has recently done a keratin smoothing on two ladies- sisters, the first came and then recommended her sister both were satisified and left reviews saying loved their hair and the experience. The second (as one came the week after the first on recommendation) contacted me monday after her thursday app (4 days) and said there was a problem with the treatment that she didnt like the smell as it smelt like rotten eggs. The stylist has washed her hair twice free of charge twice to see if it changes she has now said that she is considering legal action because it has triggered her anxiety and has caused her to be up at 3am washing her hair. she has now washed her hair herself an additional 6-8 times and her scalp is becoming red and irritated. She says its only smelly when wet.
We have contacted the education team who say we have done everything correctly and to advise her to use claryfying shampoo to remove the keratin (as she has asked how do i get it out) she said this is not good enough how much is it how long will it take. i have offered her the shampoo free of charge and a product mask. What else can we do the stylist has now become so anxious its knocked her confidence
Can anybody give me any advise on this
Thankyou
It's highly typical for a service of this nature!
The only way to remove it would be to use a product with a high sulphate content.
A deep cleansing shampoo would be a good start, but a chelating shampoo would be even better.
It's probably a chemical reaction to something she already had in her hair before the keratin treatment was done.

Is this feedback that you've had about the product on the past?

This may be due to excessive heat being applied to the hair. Keratin contains sulphur, and when you break disulphate bonds with too much heat the sulphur is released which causes that eggy smell. I think the smell will gradually fade away in time.

Latest posts

Back