SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicoleLo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I have been practising nano rings on my mums hair and I was just looking for a few tips.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me how they control baby hairs during application and how to ensure you have neat sections.

I have a client lined up to come in for a consultation next week and it looks like she's keen to have nano's installed, I am a bit nervous as its my first client with nano's and I've been focusing on my LA Weave a lot recently.

I have attached two pictures of the sectioning and would really appreciate some feedback, thank you![emoji173]️

(I used black beads and black training hair for practising however I am aware my mums hair would need light brown beads) [emoji5]

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 217
  • Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Sectioning looks fine to me Hun don’t worry. U could maybe go a bit lighter with your ring colour but otherwise it looks great, still blends well enough xx[emoji1360]

Sectioning looks fine to me Hun don’t worry. U could maybe go a bit lighter with your ring colour but otherwise it looks great, still blends well enough xx[emoji1360]

Thank you so much for your response, oh yes sorry I forgot to mention that, I only had black beads at this time and I was practising with black training hair although my mums hair is light brown/blonde[emoji5]

Do you have any tips for controlling baby hairs?xx

It is slightly risky the way your sectioning is, I can see the other hairs coming into the section, to eliminate this, you need to make a straight section, put a clip underneath the section you made so the section you made, lays on top of the clip. This ensures when you take another section, it wont go into the top layer or bottom layer, it will be accurate. You will find nanos harder on people with broken hair like blondes because the hair just is all different lengths at the root, or people after pregnancy 6 months later.

@charlottehair
Thank you for the advice! I will definitely try this out, I ordered some blonde hair for my mum which has arrived so I’m going to put this in to practise later on today and I’ll be back with some feedback x

Hi girls, I’ve been practising like crazy and I have my first client on Sunday...what do you think of these that I did with training hair on my friend?
5990b2c13fc754ef04de884bb967b544.jpg

@charlotte
@Sploo

This looks great! Are you fitting a full head? How much hair are you using? I’m fitting my first this week too!!

Thank you!! Yep I’m doing my first full head tomorrow, I think the only thing I’m a bit nervous about is getting the placement right ohhhh and good luck with yours!xx @LibertyLox

Yeah I’m nervous about placement too! I’m sure I heard somewhere you have to get 100 into the first 3 rows or something I can’t remember!

Omg this is brilliant! you just proved practise makes perfection. So proud to see this!!!! It is like the most satisfying thing for a extensionist to see such well done sections and application.

Yes I ageee with the above. Much better and no cross hairs. Messy sections =
Pain for client and hair loss/ breakage. Work too to bottom too and always use a tailcomb to section and clip everything out of your way x

Thank you so much ladies, your messages really help me with my confidence.

I get so nervous because I can be such a perfectionist sometimes x

That’s not a bad thing at all! Keep it up x

Rows hugely improved! Practice makes perfect. Good luck for your first fitting hun

Latest posts

Back