NAS 99 vs Scrubfresh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanyamoniq

Reaction score
Saw the recent post on Scrubfresh and it piqued my curiousity. Have any of you all used NAS 99, and if so which do you like better. I've got two bottles of the Scrubfresh but never used it. I guess because I learned with NAS 99. I've been having trouble with one of my clients (who has had acrylic nails for years). She wears her nails pretty long and they keep popping right off. I don't know if I'm not making the acrylic thick enough at the tip line or if maybe switching to the Scrubfresh might help. ??? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

tanyamoniq said:
Saw the recent post on Scrubfresh and it piqued my curiousity. Have any of you all used NAS 99, and if so which do you like better. I've got two bottles of the Scrubfresh but never used it. I guess because I learned with NAS 99. I've been having trouble with one of my clients (who has had acrylic nails for years). She wears her nails pretty long and they keep popping right off. I don't know if I'm not making the acrylic thick enough at the tip line or if maybe switching to the Scrubfresh might help. ??? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes I have used both and others...and I much prefer the ScrubFresh to NAS by OPI, I find it gives a better squeek,

Are the nails inbalanced by their lenght compared to the nail bed, I made that mistake one once but they didnt pop off the snapped at the stress area.

hope this helps

Do you mean imbalanced as in the length of the extension is longer than the nail plate itself? If so, then yes, that's the way she likes them (and has worn them for many years). Here in the states we have these discount nail salons and a lot of them use imported supplies, some illegal. When she used to use those salons she almost never had one pop off.

tanyamoniq said:
Do you mean imbalanced as in the length of the extension is longer than the nail plate itself? If so, then yes, that's the way she likes them (and has worn them for many years). Here in the states we have these discount nail salons and a lot of them use imported supplies, some illegal. When she used to use those salons she almost never had one pop off.

So you personally have been doing longer extensions (ie what I would call inbalanced) on her previously and not had any pop off before.....

or am I confused :o

Sorry, she's had the longer extensions done by the disc. salons. I have been trying to give her the longer nails, but they aren't staying on. I don't have problems with my own nails (albeit they are much shorter) staying on and I'm using the same exact products and technique.

I was tought that the longest your free edge should be is equal to the length of your nail bed, ie. if you or her nail bed = 2cm; free edge = 2cm at the longest

Any longer and you are putting too much strain on the enhancement and you will be heading for disaster!

As a professional it is upto you to educate your client into this

..if she was having nails done with MMA based monomer then I really dont know enough about this subject to know if the MMA can with stand the stain of an unbalanced length nail due to its chemical contents..

Sorry hun thats all I can offer

Does the other product you use contain acetone like scrubfresh, maybe that's why there is a difference?

Deb379

Hmm. I'm not sure of the acetone content. I'll have to check that out. I've been thinking of switching to a different anitseptic/dehydrator for a while now. The NAS 99 comes in a spray bottle, which not only wastes product in my opinion, but it sprays everywhere and the smell is stronger BECAUSE it is sprayed. I think I'm going to try the Scrubfresh on my next set.

Hi there,

Personally, I prefer Scrubfresh simply because you are physically cleaning the surface. Oils and contaminates cant evaporate from the surface of the nail simply by spraying something on them... they need a little elbow grease so to speak ;)
I bet that will help big time on your adhesion problem... neither will really do anything to prevent breaks though :D

Hope this helps

A small observation: I think a free edge of the same length as the nail bed is too long. Too much pressure on the nail bed. I believe it should be no longer than two thirds or less.

This is to me a balanced nail but personal preference must be taken into account as long as the client understands the implications.

Marian

mum said:
A small observation: I think a free edge of the same length as the nail bed is too long. Too much pressure on the nail bed. I believe it should be no longer than two thirds or less.

This is to me a balanced nail but personal preference must be taken into account as long as the client understands the implications.

Marian

I agree with 'mum'!!

I was taught the the completed enhancement should be one third free edge and two thirds nail bed. I know we have to take into account the clients preference.....but.....gentle persuasion normally works!!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back