National Privacy Act

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annalooby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Not sure if it will be the same for all countries (I'm in Australia) but I was wondering if any of you mention the National Privacy Act on your client cards or flyers - so that the client knows exactly how the info collected is going to be used?

I am just tarting up my client cards so that they look nice and professional and wanted to include this sort of thing - so that people aren't worried about telling me personal details and so I can send them offers on birthdays etc without getting into trouble!

Any info appreciated!

Thanks

A :green:

Good idea.

I believe its something to do with the 'data protection act' here (particularly if you keep records on a computor.

I do not know if the data protection act covers client record cards but no doubt someone like Ella or Fiona will enlighten us on that one.

Well I thought so! I know I'm wary about giving out any personal info but it can sometimes be like getting blood from a stone just asking how old someone is never mind if they are on any medication and it really bugs me when people only tell you that they are allergic to something during an appointment rather than when you ask at the start!

I have looked at the gov websites but cant find anything specifically related to nails or beauty anywhere.

A:confused:

Hi Anna, I must have missed this one yesterday LOL.

The Data Protection Act is generally to do with any records kept on computer and will have nothing specific to do with beauty or nails.

http://www.data-protection-act.co.uk/

If you check here it may give you some information to help you - I know it is a UK legislation.

HTH.

Hi, I put the following statement on my client record cards just to put my clients mind at rest in case they were bothered....

~~Client data is recorded here with the consent of the Client for the sole purpose of producing a Client Record Card. (DP Act)~~

I think I got the idea from the Encyclopedia of Nails.

Just a note - there is a scam going round whereby a company (I think the DP Agency) is sending letters asking for £120 or £150 to register you on the DP Register. THIS IS A SCAM it was on my local radio. (After Hubby told me to bin it. Thanks Hubby.) :D

Kim said:
Just a note - there is a scam going round whereby a company (I think the DP Agency) is sending letters asking for £120 or £150 to register you on the DP Register. THIS IS A SCAM it was on my local radio. (After Hubby told me to bin it. Thanks Hubby.) :D

hey kim

is this right because i had the letter come yesterday

crazy'n'creative said:
hey kim

is this right because i had the letter come yesterday

Most definitely Caroline, Hubby has them all the time at work (he has an Employment Agency) and it was definitely on Radio Mercury in the last 2 weeks.

I came across this website - they are responsible for looking after the DP Act.

http://www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk

Under Press Releases 2004 there is a statement called "Don't be duped by Scams" - I was going to put it here but it is 3 pages long.

If in doubt - check it out - there are so many scams about - if something smells fishy then it probably is fish LOL.

Looks like I have just lost £90 to one of these bogus agencies then, I had one a few weeks ago and sent the fee.

Never mind.

will bring letter home tomorrow aqnd read but this one stated it was for data protection and wanted £130 fee but it did not state what it was for so i was confused as to what it was will double check

thanks alot ;)

Dont pay any money Caroline, if you hold records on PC then you have to register with the data agency.........it cost me about £35.........and thats all it should cost.............It is a yearly fee............So anyone that charges more then that is conning you.........
Check out Fionas link, that gives you all the info...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back