National qualifications(nvq)and Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katexx

Reaction score
:confused: Me and my husband are hoping to emigrate to Australia in a few years and I am worried about my qualification. I have an nvq 3 in Beauty Therapy which i understand is a national qualification,can anybody tell me if Austrailia accepts my nvq or will I have to sit an exam for an International qualification,and if so can I just sit the exam or will I have to do the whole course.( CRIKEY )

Hi there

As far as I know - An exam is required based on your skills & knowledge.
The missing modules [ if any ] would need to be filled by taking classes.

For the finer details etc contact - http://www.aabth.com.au/info.html

HtH
XX J XX

:confused: Me and my husband are hoping to emigrate to Australia in a few years and I am worried about my qualification. I have an nvq 3 in Beauty Therapy which i understand is a national qualification,can anybody tell me if Austrailia accepts my nvq or will I have to sit an exam for an International qualification,and if so can I just sit the exam or will I have to do the whole course.( CRIKEY )
Hi Kate,a level III beauty therpay is an International qualification not a National qualification, therefore it should be recognised internationally,i.e Australia.

Before it was called a level 111 or advanced Diploma it used to be called an International,have a look on your evidence portfolio,it will tell you the exact name of your qualification.

You may have to get registered but as far as I am aware an International qualifications means exactly that.I really cannot see why you would need to retrain,but as I said you may have to register.HTH

Thanks form getting back Babs
I looked on my certificate and I have a NVQ level 3 which stands for national vocational qualification so I am confused:confused: I also notice u use Eve taylor products which i am considering how do you find them, do your clients like them?

Latest posts

Back