Natural acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NATURAL is a word that has been twisted and almost lost, does anyone remember what "natural" looks like? I haven\\'t seen a natural looking nail on here for quite some time, please feel free to correct me, then I, in turn will more than likely correct you

Would I be right in thinking that you have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about 'natural' nails atm Carl :lol:

Feel free to post a pick of some 'natural' nails you have done recently!

Would I be right in thinking that you have a bit of a bee in your bonnet about \\\'natural\\\' nails atm Carl :lol:

Feel free to post a pick of some \\\'natural\\\' nails you have done recently!
gaaawd Hope, look at my videos,i would never be so narrow minded to do only one style of nail
I don't have a "bee in my bonnet", natural looking is natural looking and "fake looking" is fake looking ........ i'm a realist.
But by all means please post a pic of your nails that look natural, so we can all see what you deem "natural looking"

gaaawd Hope, look at my videos,i would never be so narrow minded to do only one style of nail
I don\'t have a "bee in my bonnet", natural looking is natural looking and "fake looking" is fake looking ........ i\'m a realist.
But by all means please post a pic of your nails that look natural, so we can all see what you deem "natural looking"

Gaaawd Carl, I have looked at your videos and they are fab :wink2:.

I have to be honest though and say that my clients, much to my annoyance just aren't interested in the Natural look (on the whole) I have for the last few months been wearing IMO a very beautiful CB with a soft white free edge, but all they want is pink and white.

I don't do pics, and yesterday I fancied a change and am sporting my first ever set of Lilac icy mylar nails and tbh I wouldn't class those as natural looking (very pretty though :lol:) So I won't be putting those up.

I wouldn't personally even try to explain my take on natural as natural varies hugely from one nail to the other anyway.

hi, im a bit confused, i trained with nsi the colours they have are 2 whites 2 pinks a pink masque and clear acrylic, i have noticed other companys i think creative is one and american nails also do a natural acrylic colour.
how natural looking is it, as when i do natural sculpts only having white powders i think they are too white.
also could i get a natural acrylic and use my nsi monomar with it or do i need to get their monomar aswell.
one of the companies uses Q monamar the other uses advance monamor.
hope someone can enlighten me on this.
many thanks sandra

The whole point of the thread was to find a natural nail coloured powder to sculpt with, one that created a natural nail colour, not a natural looking nail, although this is something to aim for lol.

If you like, a natural tip coloured powder, as carl said, natural tip and clear overlay = natural looking nail, surely this is the same for a natural nail coloured powder to sculpt with?

The other "natural" being discussed is obviously the overall look of the nail, is it too thick to be "natural looking", is the free edge too white to be "natural looking" etc etc etc

Geegs natural mix is the ultimate, but many chefs can give away their recipes ,it doesn't mean you will get the same result, you will get close to it though,I rememeber when Geeg gave out her recipe and geeks posted pics almost everyday ........ none of them looked anything like Geeg's.....There are many directions you may want to follow and there are many extremes.
Lets put Geeg in one corner and Tom in another, i would forgo a trophy to stand by Geeg and what is natural, i could have a clientelle of those appreciative of my talent to build a natural nail, or a client base of hookers, I've actually had both (still do) and those that prefer natural nails are more reliable and more likeley to turn up for their appointments.

Geegs natural mix is the ultimate, but many chefs can give away their recipes ,it doesn\'t mean you will get the same result, you will get close to it though,I rememeber when Geeg gave out her recipe and geeks posted pics almost everyday ........ none of them looked anything like Geeg\'s.....There are many directions you may want to follow and there are many extremes.
Lets put Geeg in one corner and Tom in another, i would forgo a trophy to stand by Geeg and what is natural, i could have a clientelle of those appreciative of my talent to build a natural nail, or a client base of hookers, I\'ve actually had both (still do) and those that prefer natural nails are more reliable and more likeley to turn up for their appointments.

I couldn't agree more Carl, Geeg has an amazing talent and 'eye' for a truly beautiful nail that the majority will never have, so yes we could all sit at a table using the same tools, powders etc, but how many of us would be able to produce nails that good?

I also would choose the nails from the Solar campaign over any comp looking nails, hands down every time, to me they are gorgeous natural looking enhancements.

I can say I have any hookers!! for clients, I am however very lucky that even though they have P&W's they are still reliable and turn up for their appointments :lol:

Exactly what I put in my last post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done xx

i agree with you judy.i hope this thread was of some use to san 1614 who posted it.interesting thread though guys!

hi everyone yes this thread was very usefull to me, as i like to sculpt but want a natural looking free edge, so going to nip to nsi and get a yellow acrylic and have a mix and play.
thanks to everyone for the feedback.
sandra

hi everyone yes this thread was very usefull to me, as i like to sculpt but want a natural looking free edge, so going to nip to nsi and get a yellow acrylic and have a mix and play.
thanks to everyone for the feedback.
sandra

Great stuff..I just thought you may have become a little confused as we got onto custom blending etc.
Check out these links they might be useful mate x
http://www.salongeek.com/nail-application/24107-custom-blending-up.html#post232662
http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/19512-wheel-fortune.html

Creative 'natural' powders are not opaque but a semi-opaque and are designed to be used over the entire nail plate.
If you use any Creative powders you will need Creative monomer which is true for all systems if you want them to perform in the way the company guarantees they will. Only use systems don't be mixing up the chemistry.
If you want a free edge colour that is perfectly natural in colouration to the real thing then use 'my secret mix'. If you do a search for it on here you will find it.

Hi Geeg,
I have read your 'secret mix' for natural looking acrylics and I use CND myself. I just want to clarify the mixes before I try it out myself....do you mean flawless 'pink' and what yellow powder do you use?
Thank you
Miss G

Latest posts

Back