Natural acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

san_1614

Reaction score
hi, im a bit confused, i trained with nsi the colours they have are 2 whites 2 pinks a pink masque and clear acrylic, i have noticed other companys i think creative is one and american nails also do a natural acrylic colour.
how natural looking is it, as when i do natural sculpts only having white powders i think they are too white.
also could i get a natural acrylic and use my nsi monomar with it or do i need to get their monomar aswell.
one of the companies uses Q monamar the other uses advance monamor.
hope someone can enlighten me on this.
many thanks sandra

NSI do a soft white which would be better for your natural sculpts.

I find that if doing sculpts with natural, they turn out too transparent.

Q Monomer I think is an EZ Flow product.

You must always stick within a system and use the products which are designed to go together. If you choose a monomer from one company and polymer powder from another then you are playing chemist and you dont know what the reaction might be. If you then have problems with service breakdown then you wont know whether it was because of your technique or because you have mixed products.

Also your insurance might not cover you if you had a major problem as you were not following manufacturers instructions.

Hope that helps.

hi, im a bit confused, i trained with nsi the colours they have are 2 whites 2 pinks a pink masque and clear acrylic, i have noticed other companys i think creative is one and american nails also do a natural acrylic colour.
how natural looking is it, as when i do natural sculpts only having white powders i think they are too white.
also could i get a natural acrylic and use my nsi monomar with it or do i need to get their monomar aswell.
many thanks sandra

Creative 'natural' powders are not opaque but a semi-opaque and are designed to be used over the entire nail plate.
If you use any Creative powders you will need Creative monomer which is true for all systems if you want them to perform in the way the company guarantees they will. Only use systems don't be mixing up the chemistry.
If you want a free edge colour that is perfectly natural in colouration to the real thing then use 'my secret mix'. If you do a search for it on here you will find it.

i'd like to think a natural powder looked "natural" ,i call it the "goldylocks" powder ..... that "just right look",not too pink,not too white ......just right ..... as goldylocks would say

i agree with fiona(naturalnails).the natural powders arent natural in the sense for you to use them for the free edge,it is more transparent so i dont think that is what your looking for.i think you would be better of trying nsi soft white for a more natural looking free edge and then continue using one of the pinks for the nail beds.i use nsi and there products.if you did buy a powder from another system then you must also buy the monomer for that system.hths

many thanks sandra

EzFlow have a natural A Polymer powder and a soft white. I use it with Q monomer.
hth

hi thanks for all the replies, i found gigi's mix recipie,
how much is a part exactley,????????
also what colour is flawless and is there an nsi equivalent of it??????
as think ill stick with my nsi products, saves changing monomers etc.

however what happens if you buy coloured acrylic powders like red or yellow or whatever.
sorry to sound dumb but if you dont ask you dont know, so id rather seem dumb and ask.
thanks sandra:irked:

NSI used to do a pink mask, but check out the descriptions for an opaque pink.

A part is whatever you make it - so for example if the recipe calls for 1 part natural to 2 parts soft white to 1/2 part yellow as an example, use say a teaspoon and do 1 tsp natural, 2 tsp SW and 1/2 tsp yellow.

Hope that makes sense.

Coloured powders can be used in the same way as you use the pink and white etc. They can also be mixed to make other colours.

hi thanks for all the replies, i found gigi's mix recipie,
how much is a part exactley,????????
also what colour is flawless and is there an nsi equivalent of it??????
as think ill stick with my nsi products, saves changing monomers etc.

however what happens if you buy coloured acrylic powders like red or yellow or whatever.
sorry to sound dumb but if you dont ask you dont know, so id rather seem dumb and ask.
thanks sandra:irked:
Flawless is an opaque peachy pink.
When I used Gigi's recipe, I then cut it half with natural powder & that gives a colour I'm in love with.
When you buy coloured powders you still use them with that systems monmer, NSI have colours.

Im not sure if NSI does mosaic colors, but I'm not creative trained and was really disappointed when i found out natural wasn't quite the natural i thought it was (the perfect healthy, clean, long natural nail!).

If NSI does yellow, you can mix mostly clear with a little white and just a TOUCH of yellow - don't over do it or it'll look a little TOO natural.. heh :D

I've found this works great for me, and I can stay within my comfort zone of the products I trained with and am used to.

I'd say, 3 parts clear to 1 part white (just to make it a little but not completely, opaque, and then a dab of yellow. HTH!

NSI used to do a natural powder in their classic and speed range range,they have discontinued this range but may have some in stock somewhere if you called them. It is a free edge colour not for the whole nail plate.

HTH

Rachel

NSI used to do a natural powder in their classic and speed range range,they have discontinued this range but may have some in stock somewhere if you called them. It is a free edge colour not for the whole nail plate.

HTH

Rachel
hi again thanks for all this information, will see if nsi do yellow here in spain if not will see if the manchester base has it, then i can experiment mixing.
ok 1 more question, when u have mixed a colour you are happy with, do you then mix like a pot full, or just enough per client.
if you do it per client what do u mix it in ??????????
sorry for all the q's honest.
thanks sandra

for the free edge colour I would make a enough for a few clients and then you dont have differences in batches when it comes for rebalance time. For smaller quantities I use a glass dappen dish.

ok thanks for that will get some yellow and give it a wizz

hi again thanks for all this information, will see if nsi do yellow here in spain if not will see if the manchester base has it, then i can experiment mixing.
ok 1 more question, when u have mixed a colour you are happy with, do you then mix like a pot full, or just enough per client.
if you do it per client what do u mix it in ??????????
sorry for all the q's honest.
thanks sandra
I always mix at least enough fo a few sets, it makes it easier to top up & match the colour instead of using a completely new batch.
I bought a heap of plastic containers (10ml) from a distibuter that supplier container to the food industry, 200 for $12, they are perfect.

NATURAL is a word that has been twisted and almost lost, does anyone remember what "natural" looks like? I haven't seen a natural looking nail on here for quite some time, please feel free to correct me, then I, in turn will more than likely correct you

NATURAL is a word that has been twisted and almost lost, does anyone remember what "natural" looks like? I haven't seen a natural looking nail on here for quite some time, please feel free to correct me, then I, in turn will more than likely correct you

Can we see some of yours then Carl? At least then we all know what "natural" looks like:lol:

Can we see some of yours then Carl? At least then we all know what "natural" looks like:lol:
surely you have checked my videos .......
my dispute with "natural", is the white when in fact natural nails are not white, the obsession with comp nails and artificial nails makes me wanna puke, when in fact many are trying way too hard to achieve a look which "in all reality" is the easiest end result.
Natural tip + natural overlay .....and OOOOH AHHHH + a natural looking nail, natural smile line, natural colour ....guess what ? that makes it look natural .... sorry to sound sarcastic, but thats the way it is... end of

surely you have checked my videos .......

I have but only remember seeing the "french" ones. Do you have natural looking ones on there now??

I think the person who started the thread was saying the same Carl, she is after a natural nail powder for creating a sculpted natural looking nail. I think she said the same about the white powders being too white, just as you did.

I have but only remember seeing the "french" ones. Do you have natural looking ones on there now??
in amongst the 24 videos, i'm sure there is one to suit all tastes
Nail Zoo Video Page fake looking,natural looking, wide/flat brush, pointy brush, white acrylic, natural acrylic,pink powder blah,blah,blah, ..... you decide
WHAT IS NATURAL LOOKING?, ask yourself
my vids are salon work, not a product endorsement, not rehearsed, just as they are done

Latest posts

Back