natural and organic waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedee84

Reaction score
I have tried using Nads if anyone is familiar with this its ok if your the right temperature or the room is but i find it doesnt stick very well.
has anyone use tried any other waxing products or does everyone still agreeto use the tradtional wax.
Just find some clients asking if their is a more natural product to use??

any ideas????

I don't know what Nads is (I have heard of it, is it an otc product?)

How about sugar as an alternative?

Zoe x

Last edited:
Nads is an australian product i think but not professional can purchase it at supermarkets.

I have thought of sugar but dont know how to go about it. do I need more training or is it just change of product same method ???

If you're just waxing yourself, then use whatever you like. Nad's isn't that good so maybe get yourself a wax pot or a roller system. However, if you're waxing clients, you must train, study the theory and become qualified. Then practise, practise, practise. Good luck. x

I think you can use strip sugar in the same way as wax. But if you would like to do hand sugaring then I guess training would be required. In a 'natural environment' hand sugaring might be nice as you wouldn't have to have your wax pot on all day :)

Nads is an australian product i think but not professional can purchase it at supermarkets.

I have thought of sugar but dont know how to go about it. do I need more training or is it just change of product same method ???

Technique-wise, strip sugar is pretty much the same as strip waxing or Nads, but hand sugaring with a paste ball is a whole new skill. A blob of paste is spread across the skin by hand and then 'flicked' quickly, taking the hair with it. In the UK, yes, to work on clients you will need additional training in this method if you didn't cover it as part of your initial hair removal qualification.

As far as natural and organic hair removal goes, you can't get much more natural than sugaring - the ingredients of pure paste are nothing more than sugar, water and lemon juice!

Andy x

Are you talking about using it on yourself or on clients?

I've used nads on myself to do my legs and on a friends back. It comes down to technique. Use the same technique as strip wax - make sure you apply thinly, rub strip, pull skin taut and remove.
When it first came out I thought it was crap and tried again about 6 months ago and works just as well as professional wax if you have the correct waxing technique.

DeeDee............Out of interest, why do you want an organic wax? I can't see from your profile what nail and skin products you use. xxx

just looking to see whats about thinking of working with an alternative therapy clinic and they have asked i use all natural and possibly organic products. Looks like sugaring is going to be the way forward.

just looking to see whats about thinking of working with an alternative therapy clinic and they have asked i use all natural and possibly organic products. Looks like sugaring is going to be the way forward.
Ah, I see. Best to use something you can make yourself then as they use the term Organic for everything nowadays. x

yeah i read on her i think, it only has to have one organic ingredient and they can call it organic!

yeah i read on her i think, it only has to have one organic ingredient and they can call it organic!

That isn't true! But the word 'organic' is open to interpretation....

But I personally (and I am a very eco conscious soul) think making your own waxing product is a bit of a far fetched idea. (Or maybe a facetious suggestion?)

Axiom is right about the ingredients of sugar, so it sounds like a perfect option.

thanks all,
any ideas where best for sugaring courses

Hiya Deedee - what beauty training have you done so far? This could affect the best training route for your sugaring.

I have beauty therapy NVQ 2

That isn't true! But the word 'organic' is open to interpretation....

But I personally (and I am a very eco conscious soul) think making your own waxing product is a bit of a far fetched idea. (Or maybe a facetious suggestion?)

Axiom is right about the ingredients of sugar, so it sounds like a perfect option.
If you're eco conscious, you may decide that any form of strip waxing/sugaring really isn't for you. Think of all the trees they chop down to make the spatuala's and paper wax strips.

If you're eco conscious, you may decide that any form of strip waxing/sugaring really isn't for you. Think of all the trees they chop down to make the spatuala's and paper wax strips.

Unlikely, but thank you for your advice :lol:

Maybe I'll plant a tree instead... there are many ways we can reduce our impact on the environment without wearing a hair shirt

Hey I wonder if you can get FSC spatulas?

That was a joke btw for anyone who doesn't know I do have a sense of humour, I am not just a b*tch all the time

I use sugar pro from moom, works good and smells lovely,my clients love it!!

Alison

You can make your own sugar paste, but it is tricky to get a consistent product, as the temperature and length of boiling time are factors. It really isn't very expensive - far cheaper per kilo than wax, and available from Capital Hair and Beauty. If you're having trouble sourcing it please feel free to pm me!

As for wasting strips, if you are hand sugaring then you will seldom need to use a strip or spatula :wink2: Cost effective and eco friendly - beat that! :smack:

sugarbabe xxx

Latest posts

Back