Natural blonde highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
My daughter is asking me for a few blonde highlights in her hair.

She is kind of mousey brown, used to be blonde and I was wondering if any of these kits from boots would be good to use. She only wants a few put in at the top crown part of her hair.

Any suggestions appreciated.

My advice would be to leave it to the professionals.

I have never used these kits from the chemist , so can't comment on their performance.

Highlights is a technical job which needs to be done properly and professionally. If you do a diy jobby , your daughter may well end up paying a lot more to have it put right.

My advice - go to a professional hairdresser who knows what they are doing.

hth xx

Well said Elaine. The cost of home jobs gone bad and professional jobs for correction is about $100.00.Cheaper in the long run to make an appt with a professional stylist that can see the tones in the hair and make the right decison on application.

She is kind of mousey brown, used to be blonde and I was wondering if any of these kits from boots would be good to use. She only wants a few put in at the top crown part of her hair.

hi, i would also suggest to get it done professionally it doesnt have to be expensive she can just have some put in the top but i would ask the hairstylist to keep the high lights very fine and to only go a few shades lighter as the thicker they are and the lighter you go the more you will notice the re growth.

Oh this reminds me of a time when I was young and my mum did my hair, she was a proffesional hairdresser and mine turned out lovely but then...all my friends wanted theirs highlighting and their mums thought the kit at the local chemist would surfice..... well I remember at least 2 of the mums knocking at our door asking how they can "fix" the outcome. So id say take her to a hair salon they should only charge accordingly to the amount of highlights.

I would recommend you go to a professonal as I had mine done a few years ago by my mum, she did one and it was fine looked lovely then did another one and it went orange! :eek: x

I must be getting old. (at 26!)
I used to love the natural orange glow and burnt scalp of Sun-In! Lol!:green:

I mean this with the greatest of respects to one and all,but for crying out loud,if someone came on Nail geek and said i have no training should i buy a Rio kit and do my daughters nails the thread will spiral out of control.

This is not a professional,technical or scientific question IMO it's common sense.

Sam this is not directed at you,but everyone,please see Fiona's thread

http://www.salongeek.com/chit-chat/...s-keep-professional-forums-professionals.html

I am hoping that after awhile things will calm down a bit and we won't get those who do not do hair asking how to do their own color or their kids color..

I think if we keep consistant and refer to a professional that actually can see thier hair, it will die down.

But I would like to see Fionas thread as a Sticky here.

Oh i agree it will calm dowm,oh btw Fi's thread is already a stickey :wink2: x

I am all for helping others out with their questions but I would hate to give advice to someone that is asking a haircolor question and have it turn out wrong because I cannot see the hair and the underlying pigments in the hair. This is where most of the public screws up when going to a OTC color box and picking out a color they like and going home and applying it.
But Damn I love the money I get when they come in the salon with orange hair and a panicked look on their face and asks me to make it look "normal" again.
LOL had one the other day with lavender spots. ;P

Latest posts

Back