Natural French. Colour advice.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulaJ

Reaction score
I am about to startworking for myself. I have tried a few products and haven't yet tried Creative. Can anyone advice a nice colour for the french tip? i would like a nice white and a more natural colour.
Also the 'pink' top coats i have tried do not look good, they seem to streak?

Creme puff....for the tip.
I strived to find a good "white".....believe me this wont disappoint!

"Moonlight and roses"....."negligee"....."prom night".... (all CND colours although Im not exclusive on my enamels...just found these colours to be ace!) for your pinks
A nice effect is "Creme Puff"...topped with "Light Diffusion" (slightly more of a gold/beige appearance to the top coat here!)

I also picked up one once, and to be honest never found it again...a lovely colour from Margaret Astor which I believe is a subsid of Coty (?) it was labelled as "Nail Blush" It was super! Everso delicate and just right for a "pink"

Im sure you will have loadsa suggestions tho!
Good luck with your business too!
:)

I have not tried creative products either so cannot comment on them, but I find a product from star nails brilliant. Their american manicure set gives the nails a really healthy appearance. Cream tip polish is used instead of a bright white and the pink top coat is transparent and really shiny. Hope this helps.

Shellie. XX ;)

when you use the american do u put the cream over the whole nail, then the plum colour then the cream on the tip????

I use OPI's - Alpine if they want a brite white, Heart throb makes a good pink and I find that OPI is almost self leveling, I use the least amount of strokes I can and even though wet it lookes a little streaky it seems to alway dry smooth

Jacky said:
Creme puff....for the tip.
I strived to find a good "white".....believe me this wont disappoint!

"Moonlight and roses"....."negligee"....."prom night".... (all CND colours although Im not exclusive on my enamels...just found these colours to be ace!) for your pinks
A nice effect is "Creme Puff"...topped with "Light Diffusion" (slightly more of a gold/beige appearance to the top coat here!)

I also picked up one once, and to be honest never found it again...a lovely colour from Margaret Astor which I believe is a subsid of Coty (?) it was labelled as "Nail Blush" It was super! Everso delicate and just right for a "pink"

Im sure you will have loadsa suggestions tho!
Good luck with your business too!
:)
Hey Jak: what do you use for an american manicure? i dont mean the tip colour, i mean the base colour. I'm trying not to buy the Star Nails american kit coz i dont need the tip colour so its a waste of money.

I use both creative and attitude from star nails when using creative use cream puff n negligee when using attitude use vanilla cream its a softer white then peaches n cream or strawberrys n cream over that it looks lovley

If you love Creative colour neglgée, then you will adore the colour Beaux from the LULU collection.

Personally I think it is even prettier thn negligée as it is a little more blue in tone rather than yellow. Goes on like a dream ... never a streak.

Negligée wa my number 1 favorite until Beaux (not sure if it is with or without the x) came along.

geeg said:
If you love Creative colour neglgée, then you will adore the colour Beaux from the LULU collection.

Personally I think it is even prettier thn negligée as it is a little more blue in tone rather than yellow. Goes on like a dream ... never a streak.

Negligée wa my number 1 favorite until Beaux (not sure if it is with or without the x) came along.
What would you recommend from the Creative range for an american manicure - base colour as opposed to tip colour?

Carole Lindsay said:
What would you recommend from the Creative range for an american manicure - base colour as opposed to tip colour?
Carole - there is a brand new colour called MARILYN which is a 'healthy pink' looks like super shiny but is a colour (if you see what I mean) - it is becoming very popular and I think this may be what you are looking for!

Carole Lindsay said:
Hey Jak: what do you use for an american manicure? i dont mean the tip colour, i mean the base colour. I'm trying not to buy the Star Nails american kit coz i dont need the tip colour so its a waste of money.

Sweetie....I dont think Ive ever done an american man! I think Ill stick to perfecting me "French" before progressing to more technical manouevres! lol! :eek:
I think Supernail sell colours individually for American....along with tip and base colour "sets".
xxxxx

Latest posts

Back