Natural looking enhancements - which powders?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moanie

Reaction score
At the moment I am using form sculpting whenever possible on cllients. (don't have many :irked: ) I tend to stick with the old faithful 'french', I can see where the smile is going.

I would like to try doing a natural look with natural powder in zone 1. I have practiced on Andy the nail trainer but none of my clients have got bright tan fingernails so it is difficult to see what I want to see, if you see what I mean!!

Does any one do this, if so, is it best to use :-
  1. natural powder in zone 1, if so do you need to create a smile line, can you see the free edge underneath???
  2. pink powder in zone 1, with nataural nail cut as short as pos to still fit the form
  3. a mix of natural & soft white to create a very soft natural free edge.
Sorry if these are silly questions but unfortunately I do not have any models at the moment to try out all of these things.

Thankyou in anticipation.

At the moment I am using form sculpting whenever possible on cllients. (don't have many :irked: ) I tend to stick with the old faithful 'french', I can see where the smile is going.

I would like to try doing a natural look with natural powder in zone 1. I have practiced on Andy the nail trainer but none of my clients have got bright tan fingernails so it is difficult to see what I want to see, if you see what I mean!!

Does any one do this, if so, is it best to use :-
  1. natural powder in zone 1, if so do you need to create a smile line, can you see the free edge underneath???
  2. pink powder in zone 1, with nataural nail cut as short as pos to still fit the form
  3. a mix of natural & soft white to create a very soft natural free edge.
Sorry if these are silly questions but unfortunately I do not have any models at the moment to try out all of these things.

Thankyou in anticipation.

well, it depends on your brand. some naturals look like a natural free edge [eg entity], but some are just like a cloudy clear [eg creative and young nails]

if you are using a natural that is like a cloudy clear powder, try mixing 4 parts natural with 1 part soft white and this should give you a free edge colour. adding a tiny touch of yellow if you have it makes it even more realistic.

I would imagine that custom blending your free edge powder would be the way to go.
You can make the powder to your clients specification and make the colour as natural as you like :D

Latest posts

Back