Natural Looking Extensions..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephanie Morris

Reaction score
Hi

This is probably a silly question but..........

Since my training in February I have only ever done full sets of pink and white acrylic. One of my friends has just asked me if I could do her with a natural colour nail extension without white tips. For this would I use pink or clear powder if i'm using elation tips?? And is it applied with the same technique as pink and whites???

? ?

I'm not familliar with the whole range of NSI powders, but to acheive a more 'natural' look, you can use clear over a tip in the same way you would apply the white and then use your pink over the nail bed as normal.

Creative have several different 'whites' to enhance but not be so 'in your face' as french. Maybe NSI do also. But using clear is a good option too.

Stephanie Morris said:
Hi

This is probably a silly question but..........

Since my training in February I have only ever done full sets of pink and white acrylic. One of my friends has just asked me if I could do her with a natural colour nail extension without white tips. For this would I use pink or clear powder if i'm using elation tips?? And is it applied with the same technique as pink and whites???

:?: :?:

Hi Stephanie,

Another option would be to use a Natural Tip powder in the same way as using white tip powder - it is a bit more natural looking when using the Elation tips as they are a bit more transparent than some other tips.

hi stephanie

Have you tried mixing your white & clear powders to produce a very, very natural looking enhancement?

when I mix my powders and use this on natural or clear tips, when applied in my normal 3 zones, it looks like clear liquid and powder applied on a natural tip.

To mix your white and clear:

Use a plastic dappen dish & lid, a small scoop or a large tip with a full contact area and mix 1 scoop of white powder with 3 scoops of clear powder and shake to mix it together, (remembering to put the lid on first... lol).
If its too transparent then add more white powder, if its too white then add more clear powder.

Try it when sculpting too, hope this helps.

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back