Natural Manicure = BUTCHERED?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
A client of mine referred a client to me over a week ago. We scheduled her for Saturday.
Let's call her Mrs. X.
So, Mrs. X shows up, all excited about getting nails and I took one look at her nails and near fell off my chair.:eek:

Each and every single one of her fingers, except one single lonely thumb; on each and every one at the eponychium and just above it, she was cut. 9 FINGERS:!:

I said "did you go to "Ongles _____?" (which is an NSS that uses MMA, that I have many of their former clients)
Nope
She had gone to the hairdressers, and her hairdresser sujested a free manicure.

The technician then took out an e-file and took off her cuticles.
FOR A NATURAL MANICURE SHE E-FILED THE LIFE OUTTA THIS WOMAN?:eek:
The woman then suggested enhancements, to which Mrs. X said "no, I have someone lined up already". Then the tech told her that her nails were too tiny for tips and she'd be hard pressed to find anyone with tips small enough for her fingers:rolleyes: I showed Mrs. X "if I were to use tips on you, I DO have some that would fit" and I promptly fitted her pinky. Then I proceeded to sculpt for a nice custom fit.

Anyway, Mrs X left ecstatic, LOVING her ner nails. She's actually a 70 yr old randmother (doesn't look that old either!) and she INSISTED I do nail art like on her friend that referred her (the marbled french).
I was so nervous when I had to finish file near the cuticle area, soooooooo afraid to touch her 'battle wounds' of the natural manicure.

Her boyfriend (she's a widow and how has a boyfriend, how cute lol) came to get her , I urged them both to go complain to the manager and ask for proof of certification with an e-file from the nail tech. For them to tell him in no uncertain terms that it's NOT normal and that the e-file should NEVER touch the natural nail. (unless a chamois bit)
They left, she "over the moon" about her new nails, and the boyfriend saying "we are going to talk to Claude about this!!" (owner of the salon)

I simply can not get over it.
I wish I had my camera that day (I lent it to a friend who's son was graduating from highschool)... If you had seen, you would have fallen off your own chairs!

YIKES!!! My fingers started hurting just reading about it...poor thing! So glad you were able to get her sorted!

Well done Victoria on redeeming your client's faith in nail technicians x

Yes Mrs M, my fingers hurt too when I saw them :eek:
And the tech simply said to her "go home and put polysporin on it" :eek: (antibacterial cream). She didn't use any antiseptic herself on the client, NOTHING, nothing to stop bleeding, zip nada, zilch.

I can NOT get over it.

Have any of you seen anything so bizarre for a natural manicure???
I've just never seen, nor heard of anything like this before.:eek:

My client's just thankful she told the woman no, to the enhancements.

OMG!!!:eek:

Poor woman... I think that it,s unbelievable how someone can do this?
After training 2 years with my e-file i just started to get comfortable using it on customers. I really don,t understand how someone can have a play with it on a real human being? I would feel horrible if i would ever hurt any of my customers with during any of my services.

Happy to hear that you eased her pain with a lovely set of sculpts. You"re her hero from now on :wink2:

I havnt seen any thing like this but as we are on the subject of E-Files, i have a client that came to me from another salon and she has told me that her last technician uses some thing similar but it has Black and Decker written on it, this is definatly not an E-File sounds more like a dremel, the mind boggles as to how these people get away with actions like this.

Hoooley Doooley, an e-file for cuticle prep............Nah still can't figure out the tehc's [tech term used loosley] reasoning to do it !!!! :eek:

Interesting to see how far this tech goes. She's in need of some serious nail updates & fast..

Sheeze what next???

XX J XX

I havnt seen any thing like this but as we are on the subject of E-Files, i have a client that came to me from another salon and she has told me that her last technician uses some thing similar but it has Black and Decker written on it, this is definatly not an E-File sounds more like a dremel, the mind boggles as to how these people get away with actions like this.

A BLACK AND DECKER???!!!!:eek: *faints*

Surely that CANT be right?

Just to add....

You would think common sense would dictate not to use that kind of machinery on the natural nail!!! And even when you use it on enhancement you have to be careful! :irked:

That "so-called" technician should be locked up!!!!!

A BLACK AND DECKER???!!!!:eek: *faints*

Surely that CANT be right?
Yes i swear my client insists it had Black and Decker written on it,
my client is a solicitor so i told her that this is totally unprofessional and i am sure she could get into trouble for using this on someone and left it up to her to decide if she wanted to take action against her :rolleyes:

Yes i swear my client insists it had Black and Decker written on it,
my client is a solicitor so i told her that this is totally unprofessional and i am sure she could get into trouble for using this on someone and left it up to her to decide if she wanted to take action against her :rolleyes:

Blimey! Well, if it is a Black and Decker, I hope she does take action.

Gosh, its no wonder people think nail extensions damage your nails if people are being let loose with building tools!:eek:

Latest posts

Back