Natural nail and Brisa Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carol at CottageNails

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, Here I am again, could somebody please post me a step by step guide to using Brisa gel on natural nails. I am still confused as to do I use bond first or not at all. I would be veeeeeery grateful.

Thanking you in advance
arol :confused:

Hi Carol,

To prepare natural nails for Brisa, follow the PREP steps...

Sanitize hands with Soap & Water, Apply CoolBlue, perform a mini-manicure.

Cleanse & dehydrate with Scrubfresh.

Apply Liquid Bond to each nail. (Apply to 2-3 nails at a time, to evenly and thoroughly coat each nail. Do not allow Liquid Bond to touch the skin; and air dry).

Prepare your brush to remove any air bubbles.

Depending on what service you are performing - Sculpting Forever French Gel Extensions, French Overlay, or natural nail overlays, your next steps will vary.

For overlays:
Create a Base Layer- thin to medium layer using Pink or Clear Sculpting Gel. Apply to four nails at a time, and cure for 2 minutes. Then apply to thumbs and cure for 2 minutes. (Do not remove the sticky uncured layer.)

Sculpt Zones 1, 2 and 3.
Build and shape the nail with clear sculpting gel in the center of the nail in zone 2. Guide the product from side to side, tapering toward the sidewalls- and keep the bulk of the gel in the center of the nail. Ease the gel gently back towards zone three, and feather down to zone 1. Leave the majority of the product in zone two to ensure proper apex placement and thin edges.

Apply Brisa gels to 2 fingers at a time and lock the gel into place using the 10 second timer on the lamp. Once 4 fingers are applied, cure for 2 minutes. Then apply to thumbs and cure for 2 minutes. Do not remove the sticky layer.

Fill in low spots and perfect the shape by adding clear gel strands where needed. Cure the 4 nails for 2 minutes, then the thumbs for 2 minutes.

Wipe off the sticky uncured layer with Scrubfresh, and shape the nail using a Blizzard Board. Use a Boomerang Buffer to smooth the surface and remove all the shine. Remove dust with a disinfectable brush.

Bring the nails to a high shine by applying a thin coat of U.V. Finishing Gloss- apply to four nails and cure 2 minutes; then apply to thumbs and cure 2 minutes.

Wipe off the sticky uncured layer with Scrubfresh.

Apply Solar Oil to the nails and skin, and follow with massage (if you want- I let the client pick their choice of the Scentsations lotions).

I hope this helps! Good luck!

:) Hi mellisa a great big thankyou thankyou thankyou for the info you sent me. I am very grateful and honoured to recieve a reply from so far away. You are a peach.

Kind regards
Carol (cottage nails)

You're very welcome Carol!!! :biggrin:

Forgot to mention though- on the last coat of Sculpting Gel where you are filling in the low spots and perfect the shape- you want to put a thin coat on the tip of the free edge- to create a seal. This will help to prevent any separation.

(Just make sure that before you have begun the service that you have shaped the free edge to your desired effect) ;)

Hope this helps! Have fun!

:D Hi mellissa thanks once again for the info, I hope you dont mind me asking but how much should I charge for this procedure, I havnt got a clue and I have a lady in in a few days. Sori to pick ya brains, Ive got none.

Kind regards
Carol

Carol at CottageNails said:
:D Hi mellissa thanks once again for the info, I hope you dont mind me asking but how much should I charge for this procedure, I havnt got a clue and I have a lady in in a few days. Sori to pick ya brains, Ive got none.

Kind regards
Carol

Melissa might find this a difficult one to answer as she lives in the USA.

Why charge differently from any other full set service price?

Hi Gigi, thanks for the reply, I realise mellissa is in america, but as she was so helpfull the first time I thought why not. Also would it be fare to charge the same as any other full set of nails as there are no tips involved in the natural nail overlay. It seems a little expensive. If there is anyother geeks out there who can help me with this problem or let me know what they charge clients for this service I would be happy to recieve all comments.

Thanks girls n boys.
Carol :confused:

geeg said:
Melissa might find this a difficult one to answer as she lives in the USA.

Why charge differently from any other full set service price?

You're so right Gigi--- I started to think about the exchange rate and my head was spinning (lol)

I charge $85.00 for Forever French acrylic sculpted enhancement extensions... and $95.00 for gel sculpted enhancement extensions.. basically $10 more than ac - not because it's harder (it is for me because I've only used ac for the last 13+ years ;) ) but because gel is more expensive (that's what I tell them), not to mention there is the cost of the two Brisa lamps I have and the replacing of the bulbs....

I charge $100.00 for Forever French acrylic sculpted enhancement extensions with deep smile lines (competition smiles)- as that takes me a bit longer- and I don't offer (yet) competition smiles with gel (haven't got there yet!) :o

However, with all this in mind, I do agree with you Gigi- charge atleast the same for gel as acrylic- but for me, I charge a bit more for gel... since it is so 'new' (compared to ac) here... I get away with it! :D

I hope this helps Carol! :confused:

Hi melissa, so sorry to give you a headache, I gave myself one converting dollars to pounds. I will leave you be. Thanks very much

Carol (Cottage Nails) :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back