Natural Nail Damage and enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickie@Nailmania-Limited

Goldie Hawn Geek
Reaction score
I have a friend who is interested having some enhancements done. However, the nail on her wedding finger has been permanently damaged :( - poor thing! The damage starts from under the eponychium and splits the length of the nail bed. When the nail has grown to the free edge it just splits vertically back to the eponychium and comes off. Is there a way of doing an enhancement on this particular nail, bearing in mind that the nail bed is exposed at the moment :?:

As a newcomer to the nail industry, but having completed my FDFC with Creative in March and currently in the middle of my NVQ3, I need a bit of advice, please.

There are so many of you out there who have so much more expertise than me ... I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers
Nickie@Nailmania-Limited :thumbsup:

If the nail bed is exposed there is not a lot you can do in the way of enhancement other than a very temporary false nail which you can do for her if she is going out or whatever.

However if you can catch the nail before it does its splitting thing, then you can apply an enhancement to give the nail stability and it will stop the splitting as long as she wears it.

I have had 2 or 3 clients over the years that have had damage such as you describe and as long as they are regularly maintained they have had no problems. In fact I have such a nail on my thumb, and it is the reason I first had my nails done 20ish years ago ... so that was the beginning of my involvement in nails!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the quick response. I will see what can be done once the nail has started to grow back again. But what I saw yesterday evening, was a little disconcerting! I do however suspect that it will always cause a problem as the nail is only half the size it should be at the moment!

Muchas!!

Nickie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back