Natural nail discoloured

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire-Bear

Reaction score
Hiya Nail Geeks

Can you help me please....................

I have a client at the moment who's New Year's Resolution was to look after and grow her nails. I am currently carrying out a 'Healthy Nails' weekly treatment on her; nail shape, cuticle conditioner/remover, cuticle oil and OPI Nail Envy (she's also purchased a bottle to use at home). After 2 visits to me her cuticles are looking in good condition and the nails are growing..............however the free edge of the nails are very discoloured.

Can anyone recommend any products to whiten them?

Hiya Nail Geeks

Can you help me please....................

I have a client at the moment who's New Year's Resolution was to look after and grow her nails. I am currently carrying out a 'Healthy Nails' weekly treatment on her; nail shape, cuticle conditioner/remover, cuticle oil and OPI Nail Envy (she's also purchased a bottle to use at home). After 2 visits to me her cuticles are looking in good condition and the nails are growing..............however the free edge of the nails are very discoloured.

Can anyone recommend any products to whiten them?

some of my clients have had success with a soft toothbrush and some whitening toothpaste.
you can use some cuticle remover on the back of the free edge as this will have a mild bleaching effect.
also you can coat the back of the nails with clear polish to help prevent the nail from absorbing stains.

however different people have different natural colours to the nail, just like teeth are different shades.

Cuccio makes a whitening paste for nails that's great! www.cuccio.com search, nail paste. If you can't get ahold of that, then you can use a little hair color peroxide. I'd use a 10 volume, no more.

Look for the Cuccio brand though, it works wonders!!

Shiloh

Stock a retail product that you can sell to her, such as Nail Brite... she will have good results and you will also make a small profit from the retailing :D

Latest posts

Back