Natural nail filing technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emilyx

Reaction score
I've always been told that you never see saw the natural nail you do it from side to middle to prevent splitting but I've now heard that you should do a gentle see saw to prevent splitting. Which is the right way now ? Just wanting to clear this up x

I always file from the outside to the middle. Unless you are using a crystal nail file, seesaw filing weakens the nail.

if you use a super fine file to finish, it doesn't really matter
kinda like saying polish is in 3 strokes .... if it take 4 or 5, who really cares?
it's the end result.... I do more mens manicures than womens and sometimes feel I need a hacksaw, in the end I use a very fine file to actually polish the free-edge

if you use a super fine file to finish, it doesn't really matter
kinda like saying polish is in 3 strokes .... if it take 4 or 5, who really cares?
it's the end result.... I do more mens manicures than womens and sometimes feel I need a hacksaw, in the end I use a very fine file to actually polish the free-edge

I get what you mean about it being the end result that matters but surely if you file wrong because 'it doesn't really matter' and it makes the nail split then the end result will be bad. Maybe mens nails are thicker than women's and you can see saw on them just like toe nails they're thicker so they can take it.

I get what you mean about it being the end result that matters but surely if you file wrong because 'it doesn't really matter' and it makes the nail split then the end result will be bad. Maybe mens nails are thicker than women's and you can see saw on them just like toe nails they're thicker so they can take it.

I've never made a natural nail split EVER, I would use a 240 grit on women's nails ......so if you finish it off and polish the free-edge to a fine finish, it's all the same, you do have to gentle to a certain degree

I've never made a natural nail split EVER, I would use a 240 grit on women's nails ......so if you finish it off and polish the free-edge to a fine finish, it's all the same, you do have to gentle to a certain degree

Tbh i couldn't imagine a nail splitting from any sort of filing unless the nail is thin, wet or its being filed hell for leather but i do want to do everything by the book :)

Latest posts

Back