Natural nail overlay - shape question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheNailFan

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a newly certified nail technician and I'm happy I found a place where I can find guidance and advises :)

I have a question on natural nail overlay (without tips) using hard gel. I know this is to reinforce and strengthen the nails, but my question is, do you apply the hard gel creating a shape over it? what I mean is, do you make this round "belly" shape over the nail, or you just apply a thin coat of hard gel and then use color over it?

When sculping my nails with or without tips, I like to give this roundish shape over the nails, as they look more professional. But is this mandatory? or that is an extra service that should be charged?

I'm sorry if I'm not very clear, but English is not my first language!

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello all!

I'm a newly certified nail technician and I'm happy I found a place where I can find guidance and advises :)

I have a question on natural nail overlay (without tips) using hard gel. I know this is to reinforce and strengthen the nails, but my question is, do you apply the hard gel creating a shape over it? what I mean is, do you make this round "belly" shape over the nail, or you just apply a thin coat of hard gel and then use color over it?

When sculping my nails with or without tips, I like to give this roundish shape over the nails, as they look more professional. But is this mandatory? or that is an extra service that should be charged?

I'm sorry if I'm not very clear, but English is not my first language!

Thank you so much for your help!

I believe what you are talking about is the appex. It is the part of the enhancements structure where all the strength is. So yes, you should always have an appex, but the length of the enhancement determines how large or small it is.

Oh!! Appex it is! Didn't know how to call it :) thank you so much for the answer, I guess if the nail is short, there's no much product to apply then. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back