Natural nail overlay...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Firstly i will apologise as i am sure this subject has been brought up before, but for the life of me i can not get the search option to work.

Anyhow i am wondering if anyone can please give me some tips for a natural nail overlay, my own nails have grown pretty l;ong underneath my extensions & i am now wanting to give them an overlay with l&p.

Also i have a client on Mon who says her own nails are fine apart from a few, so has aasked for the ones that are short to be extended & her natural nails for an overlay.

Please any pointers send my way, many thanks x

Anyone who can please point me in the right direction, i would be very grateful.

For some reason when i try to do a search on here it goes onto a blank screen & nothing.

Please anyone with any info x

When I do a NNO, I apply sculpting forms to cap the free-edge and continue as normal. HTH x

Urban Geek said:
When I do a NNO, I apply sculpting forms to cap the free-edge and continue as normal. HTH x

Thankyou... excuse me for being stupid but!!!

do i prep etc as i would for a set of l&p, then by saying capped, does that mean to go over the free edge?

Sorry but i cant remember doing overlays, i must have done them at college (long time ago!) but cant remember the procedure!

Perhaps you need to take a further class. Yes - prep as usual and continue as normal with the sculpting forms.

louise said:
Thankyou... excuse me for being stupid but!!!

do i prep etc as i would for a set of l&p, then by saying capped, does that mean to go over the free edge?

Sorry but i cant remember doing overlays, i must have done them at college (long time ago!) but cant remember the procedure!
Hi Louise,I dont use forms when I do an overlay,You would have to do exactly the same prep as normal because if you didn't then you would have all the usual problems associated with extensions.Obviously you would want the overlay nice and thin to look natural but not too thin otherwise will come off.Try practicing on a nail trainer,you will be fine.You know how to use your products and everything from your training.Good luck.:hug:

With a NNO, I have found it all too easy to make the white too thin, so be careful with this and do as you would normally do over a tip, you also need to cap the natural nail free edge and sides too to prevent the natural nail from curling away from the product.

Using a form will ensure that you cap, but you can also do this with your brush by sweeping up the sides of the free edge and ensuring your product goes slightly over the free edge itself to create a seal...hope this makes sense!

Latest posts

Back