Natural Nail overlays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Nail Room

Reaction score
Hi its me again !

Can anyone give me any advice on Natural Nail Overlays, I have done a couple of clients using the IBD clear gel and they don't seem to be staying on longer than a coule of days they just seem to be peeling off !! Any help would be most appreciated

Kelly x

The Nail Room said:
Hi its me again !

Can anyone give me any advice on Natural Nail Overlays, I have done a couple of clients using the IBD clear gel and they don't seem to be staying on longer than a coule of days they just seem to be peeling off !! Any help would be most appreciated

Kelly x
Hi Kelly, i had the same problem with the gel but recently did a set and prepped very thoroughly the only problem im now experiencing is the mtw free edge is chipping away within a few days! one thing after another but fortunately the gel seems to be holding to the nail plate and also i found its lasted a bit longer when i capped the free edge, sorry not much help but im too still having problems so you are not alone x

i had the same problem too, i also used the IBD line of gels, i did a set of pink and whites and it looked great when the client left but a few came off the next day.

Have you put too much Bonder on each nail? this was the root to my problem, as i applied too much and there was a glossy shine, but actually you only need to put very very little on each nail, (so it has a grainy finish), but make sure that the whole nail plate is covered... :)

Terra
nail tech in Hong Kong

i too have had probs with this !! with Brisa Gel (only gel i use)

on a lighter note though - chatted to Diane at CND leeds who was extremely patient and helpful and helped me try something else

See i was told on my training for a simple french long lasting look use the bond, white on free edge and then finishing gloss - fab and works on my toes a treat over 4 weeks too ! Silly me thought same would work on fingers !

I did some on one of my clients fingers thinking would last the same but didnt last long at all ! oops why a base of clear or pink is puton is so that the white has something to grab hold of ? - works for me !

Anyway Dianes advice was to try the following

Bond
thin layer of pink or white gel
1 or two coats of white gel or white paint on gel
clear gel if need to fill gaps etc
finishing gloss

* oh and very important cap the edges !!

well i have tried a couple of things, and my client rang me yesterday her left hand which i only capped with finishing gel !! rather than the pink is coming away after 1 week, her right hand (shes right handed!) is still going as strong and looking as lovely as the day i did them over a week ago !! (should really say that as somethign is bound to happen now eh ! lol !) Shes coming back tomorrow and im gonna buff off left hand and apply exactly same on left as i did on right and see what happens then !! shes very patient and doesnt mind helping me try these things !

Obviously in all of the above ive done a thorough prep and cured inbetween layers and removed inhibition layer and buffed before applying finishing gloss.

Hope this all makes sense - i just wanted to feed in what im trying to see if helps ??

I was going to add to previous thread after a little longer so that I could update Diane (tigger!) too - have you searched and read previous threads on gel ??

sorry if garbled but hope some of it makes sense or even helps a little even though you maybe using a different products

kx

Hiya me again!! I know you also use LCN. They do the natural nail protection system. With this you actually use nail forms to extend the gel about 1/2 mm at the free edge. This then "caps" the free edge and stops it from peeling and lifting at this end. However you have to use an fm colour on the free edge as it is totally clear and looks odd. You would get a similar effect I guess if you were to use sculpture formatur at the end, again phone customer services for advice

Latest posts

Back