Natural nail protection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffyFileSlayer

Reaction score
Hi - I have had a few clients who wanted to protect their natural nails rather than go for enhancements. They usually have splitting/flaking free edges and/or they can't seem to get them to grow as they keep breaking. I have used protein coats of various types but I haven't found anything that I have been impressed with. :rolleyes:

Has anyone ever used anything that has worked? :)
Would be happy to hear any recommendations or advice.
Thanks.

If you check the Tech Notes - there is one on the differences between Formaldehyde and DMU (the ingredient in Toughen Up). I would advise regular manicures, daily application of Solar Oil and a good strengthening Basecoat like Toughen Up.

It will take some time for their damaged nails to grow out.

Kim said:
Hi - I have had a few clients who wanted to protect their natural nails rather than go for enhancements. They usually have splitting/flaking free edges and/or they can't seem to get them to grow as they keep breaking. Thanks.
How about a natural nail overlay - this will happily coat the nail but with out the application of a tip - just a thought and you can do it with all systems!

Hi

A large ammount of the work we do is natural overlays, (colour, clear & the most popular is french)

We use biosculpture for it and find it excellant. It flexes with the natural nail and you very rarely get seperation at the free edge.

Mrs Geek said:
How about a natural nail overlay - this will happily coat the nail but with out the application of a tip - just a thought and you can do it with all systems!

I have done that on a few people and they have been pleased, but I was thinking of the few who do not want to return every 2-3 weeks for maintenance, they buy the protein topcoats and reapply them themselves and just come every month or so for a hot oil or paraffin wax manicure. I shall definitely try some Toughen Up but if anyone has any other ideas, I would be happy to hear them. :)

In order to give the nail all the help it can get, to make it strong and healthy, specially if it is in a bit of a poor state, I would recommend weekly manicures, solar rich!!!!!!!
Toughen up and then a nice polish and speedy top coat.............
But on the other hand
Fabric# wraps on the natural nail, then they will only need to come once every 2 weeks........
The polish will then stay on for 2 weeks........
So it is a weekly visit versus a 2 weekly visit....the choice is theirs..........
But which ever they choose, Solar Oil daily is a must.............
HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back