Natural nail repair before gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZNailz

Reaction score
When your client sits down and has a horizontal tear across her nail, just below the free edge - too far down to file back to - what it your GO-TO to repair this before a Gel Polish?

Have tried fibreglass-y patches and silk fabric across the whole nail. It all seems so 'faffy'. I feel like there's a simpler, easier way I haven't been taught!?

I always use silk. Prep the nail, apply your usual gel polish base coat, cure. Apply and trim the silk thenapply top coat and cure. I then shape and file the nail before moving onto the colour coat along with the rest of the nails. Shouldn’t add too much longer to the service and clients really appreciate it. Don’t forget to charge extra though! :)

I’ve been using polygel lately

I always use silk. Prep the nail, apply your usual gel polish base coat, cure. Apply and trim the silk thenapply top coat and cure. I then shape and file the nail before moving onto the colour coat along with the rest of the nails. Shouldn’t add too much longer to the service and clients really appreciate it. Don’t forget to charge extra though! :)

I was taught the silk repairs method also.

I also use silk.

Latest posts

Back