Natural nail repair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jesekah

Reaction score
what do people so for a natural nail repair.. if someone hasa crack in the natrual nail that is up on the nail bed or if they have long nails and want to keep them long for a wedding.. :smack: i never really learnt this one at school and i havent seen any repairs kits for it here in oz

Fibreglass is perfect for natural nail repairs :D

I agree...a fabric wrap works best IMO for a natural nail repair....then the crack can grow out.

I always use a silk or fibre wrap too .. nothing beats this for a natural nail repair in my opinion.

I agree I use silk everytime.

:?: If you can't do the silk wrap technique yet (as I can't), would a thin layer of clear acrylic do the job just as well as the silk?

xx

:?: If you can't do the silk wrap technique yet (as I can't), would a thin layer of clear acrylic do the job just as well as the silk?

xx

You can do but if there is length to the nail and the L&P/Gel is applied too think it can crack under pressure...as the natural nail has flex in it the overlay needs to be able to withstand that flex and to do that it has to be applied thicker than a thin layer hence thicker than the natural nail. I find that when i do a wrap repair on a natural nail i can just cover the crack...not the whole nail and it holds fine while the crack grows out.

xx

Of course you can do it ... very simple just follow the step by step here on the site. Easy as pie. first time I ever did a SET was on a client while another technician told me from her desk, while she was working on another client, how to do it. This was in the States ... all of us were laughing and they looked great. The client was most pleased!! she didn't even care that I hadn't done them before as long as she got them done. :lol: Man that was a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back