Natural nail shows through extension????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeetNailz

Reaction score
Hello

Question please. When I apply an extension to my natural nail (I use a clear gel overlay, and am still training so have not exeperimented with anything other than my course products - the gel is EGO) I can see the line of the free edge of my nail through the extension once I have completed the process and so this means that I have to wear nail polish to cover this flaw. Am I doing something wrong or do you achieve the nice white free edge by using a white gel from the smile line, I assume this would mask the free edge of the natural nail underneath. I don't mind wearing polish but not all the time - sometimes I like to go eau naturelle but that metnitoned above precents this.

Julie

Hi Julie

If you're just using clear or natural product you will find that you can still see your natural nail growing up. The only way to combat this is to use pink and white (or clear/natural and white) - the white covering up the line. Most people who have natural enhancements will tend to also request polish.

However, you will find that you can go eau naturelle once your tips have all grown out.

Adele

Thanks for that - I am going to Olympia on 23 March and so hope to buy a few bits to practice with - do you do gel and have you any helpful hints as to which products (gel) I should go for. I understand that there are a couple of soak off gels on the market but do not know if these can be bought in pink/natural/white.

Julie

Hi Julie

Sorry, I don't do gel, just L&P and Fabric. I should think you can get P&W in soak-off gel, though as they are pretty standard colours.

Adele

Thanks Adele, will have a good snoop round at the show - must be something there for me, afterall all the companies seem to be exhibiting.

Julie

Hi Julie, I use soak-off gel and they come in loads of colours. As Adele said pink and white is pretty standard. I use Calgel and we have a couple of p&w shades. If you're going to Olympia go over to the Calgel stand and have a demo done. Garey will probably be there, he is SSSOOO cute :) tell him I said 'hi'. Come to think of it I'll be over there myself ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back