natural nail splitting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lola67

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a client who comes to me for manicures. She started having problems with her thumbnails back in September (this is when she started coming to me), she has longtitudal ridges on her nails, quite deep and the nails split length ways everytime she gets a bit of growth on her free edge.
She hasn't changed her diet in any way or started/changed medication and it is only happening on her thumbs. She does use a computer in her job, but not excessively...... My advice was to have regular manicures and use a good hand cream and solar oil. I also suggested she buff once a week. None of this seems to have made any difference and we are still at the stage we were in September. Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this, (maybe just age??, although she's only early 40's) and what other advice I can offer her.
With thanks
Linds xx

Last edited:
so did she say this only started in september...??

I have a client with a thumb nail like this but she has had it since she trapped her thumb in a door 10 years ago...i do a NNO on her and its not noticeable now as the gel evens out the ridges and protects the nail from splitting.

It started some months before, but she started coming to me in September wanting to know if we could sort it out... She has an overlay on 1 at the moment as it split quite far down and was painful.
xx

Latest posts

Back