Natural nail underneath acrylic is falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayleighh

Reaction score
Hi. So basically I always get my acrylics done when I've got an occasion coming up. I got my acrylics done 2 days ago so they are still very strong and secure. Last night I bent my fingers backwards god knows how I managed to do it, but now one of my nails underneath the acrylic is coming off. It's hurting like mad and my acrylic is still attached very well to the nail. My finger tip has done swollen and I've had clear fluid coming out of the nail. It was also bleeding when it happened.
Does anyone know how I could take my acrylic off to clean underneath my nail scared that it is going to get infected and my acrylics usually last 2-3 weeks. Any advice would mean so much.
Thankyou Xx

I would suggest returning to your technician for advice. Sounds like you have seperated the nail plate from the nail bed. In the short term whist it's weeping you would be wise to leave it alone, wrap in a bandage or plaster to protect and support it until the pain subsides. Depending on the product used, once the pain and weeping stops the acrylic can be soaked off then you can see what is going on underneath

Latest posts

Back