natural nails bled from lifted enhancement.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashleybstarr

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I have a question about something that happened to me a few times with my own nail enhancements.
When I was 17 or so I got my first set done with acrylics. I admit the tech was horrible, she used an electric file on my natural nails to first rough them up, they hurt so bad but I didnt know any different so I didnt say anything.
About a week after that I was flipping my mattress and in doing so the enhancements free-egde took the weight of the mattress for a moment and though non of the nails came off, my fingers did bleed from under-neath! The acrylic stayed on the nails though.

This happened again in esthetics school when a classmate applied some nails on me. I dont remember what type or how though I know for sure the prouducts used the second time were safe. I had been used to having nails by then and they were not too long, still long enough to catch while....again! flipping the mattress. this time 2 of my fingers bled though again nothing came off.
Im terrified that a client will have this proublem some day if I dont know what I could have done ( aside from having my ex flip the mattress for me)
Any thoughts? Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Ashley

Hi Ashley, Your current profile states that you play around with all systems but does not mention any formal nail training. In a previous thread you mention that you are an Esthetician in Canada. Sorry but I don't know what this is?

The reason I ask is because you fear this nail trauma will happen to your clients. I can understand your concern after your bad experiences, but a correctly trained up to date nail tech would be taught how to avoid this trauma.

Perhaps you could please fill out your profile more?

The dictionary definition of esthetics is "the non-medical care of the skin"

Anyways I think it sounds like they used MMA on your nails which would be why the acrylic nails clung on for dear life and your own poor nails were almost ripped from the nailbeds, hence the bleeding. If it was not MMA it would maybe be because your enhancements were thick, very long and maybe in need of a rebalance?

The dictionary definition of esthetics is "the non-medical care of the skin"

Anyways I think it sounds like they used MMA on your nails which would be why the acrylic nails clung on for dear life and your own poor nails were almost ripped from the nailbeds, hence the bleeding. If it was not MMA it would maybe be because your enhancements were thick, very long and maybe in need of a rebalance?
Thank you, I had a feeling it might be related to the word 'aesthetics' which it is according to my Oxford dictionary. Must be different spelling from the other side of the pond.

On one of my certificates it says 'aestheticienne', it just means beauty therapist.

Ashley there is, quite rightly, strong feeling on this site that untrained people should not be working on members of the public, if you have done some training it would be well worth mentioning it on your profile hun as you will find people much more ready to offer advice x

Oh no need to worry , I am a much trained nail tech. Here in Canada to be an Esthetician, also spelt Aesthetician, you train to be a nail tech in a very extensive in depth course followed by training in waxing, facials, body wraps and other spa-related proceedures.My training was over 6.5 monthns plus to bone up I have taken additonal training. I may have known why this happened at one time but I have been out of the loop for a couple years and just wanted some other people thoughts. Our regulation here in Canada is very serious and you have to have a certificate from the Cosmatology Association to work in any Salon. You must first pass your school exam ot be allowed to take the association exams in which you do a long written exam as well as all procedures on a modle. I took mine 5-6 years ago while we where still licensing, now the government no longer regulates it but the association does its own regulation which is still very strict. I know for sure no MMA was used because we have also been very serious about that in Canada for awhile now. I thought about it after I wrote the post and thinking back I was practicing on my own poor nails so much, the second time I had proubably thinned the nail bed too much. The first time the nail tech was just no good. Hated her job too so I should have ran from that place. Both times were when I was very new and I just couldnt remeber.
Thanks anyway. I appreciate that this site holds its standards of membership high.

Ashley

Latest posts

Back