Natural nails coming away underneath acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jodiewood

Reaction score
Once your own nails grow up to the same length as the acrylic, sometimes they peel away from the product? Anyone know why this is, how you can prevent it? Or if it's just something that happens regardless

Once your own nails grow up to the same length as the acrylic, sometimes they peel away from the product? Anyone know why this is, how you can prevent it? Or if it's just something that happens regardless[/QUOTE

I really don't understand what you mean here, could you explain a little more or put up a photo to show what you mean. Where is it peeling? How long has the acrylic been on the nails? Have they been infilled? Are they cared for properly? Is there a lot of regrowth?
I don't understand "when your nails grow up to the same length as the acrylic". As the nails grow you will see the new nail growth from the cuticle, the acrylic will be on the nail plate where it was placed originally and will appear to move forward with it as the natural nail grows.

Its the natural nail drying out and curling, it's a natural occurance in some people, it can be helped by regular use of Solar Oil under the enhancement to penetrate the natural nail as much as possible.

Some people call it free-edge seperation. You can also help by ensuring any new product is securely adhered all the way to the free edge, sometimes it's easy to just brush product down to the free-edge and not fully ensure it's pressed into place creating maximum adhesion.

Check out this article from The Grand Master Geek:-

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/curlingonysuckus.2632/

Ah Trinity you were quick off the mark lol, barely had time ti finish typing before I saw your reply x

I think OP means when the free edge of the natural nail has caught up with the Acrylic, and the natural nail is pulling away underneath :)

I have 2 ladies whose nails do this, and I can only assume it's because they have quite strong nails with deep c curves that don't want to remain in the shape of the acrylic on top, so the longer they get, the more they 'fight back' so to speak, and try to return to their natural shape.

I offer a soak off and new overlay, or soak of an Shellac, depending on their preference. Either way soak off is the way to go once the product is no longer attaching at the free edge

So much knowledge happening today

Latest posts

Back