natural nails curling up and down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgie127

Reaction score
hi geeks,
This has been puzzling me all day and I'm not even sure how to explain this but I will try,I had a lady in for a manicure today and the centre of her free edge looks like its dropping and the edges of her free edge look like they are curling, I don't know if I am explaining this right,she is a new client so I didn't take a pic, it kinda looks like the edges of her nail plate are turning up at free edge but centre of free edge is dropping down, the edges were quite thin to file and the centre was quite thick. I did find out that she was on alot of steroid medication and also that she never had this until recently and she said she hasn't damaged it so am I right in thinking this has been caused by medication or is there something I'm not thinking of,and also if it was the medication will her nail go back to normal.It's only her thumbs but one looks worse than the other
thanks for the help in advance
you guys are great

She probably has habit tic
this is where she is rubbing the nails with her fingers and not realising she is doing it and the medication has probably weakened the nails making it worse and more noticeable.
If you type in "habit tic" on the search facility it should bring up some previous threads on this subject hth

Latest posts

Back