Natural Nails - French Manicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to sound really thick here!!!!! :o but why is the American more natural looking? Is it a softer white?

Please don't giggle at me. :D :D

Louise

Hi Louise,

French manicure is white ,American is cream.

Karen

plaoh said:
Going to sound really thick here!!!!! :o but why is the American more natural looking? Is it a softer white?

Please don't giggle at me. :D :D

Louise
Hi Louise,

Sorry, but what Karen said is not strictly true ("...American is cream, French is white...") - sorry Karen!!

American Manicure is a Natural Look Nail Polish System (www.americanmanicure.com) available from SuperNail Ltd (www.supernail.co.uk, email: [email protected] or tel: 0208 752 1924). It comes in various colour combinations, but the one that I've found suits pretty much all skin tones is "Plum and Lite White". It's a two bottle kit. The "white" is applied to the whole plate (like a normal polish), the "plum" glaze is then applied cross-ways to the "pink bit" of the plate, the white is then reapplied to the free edge. Really easy, really effective. You then also have a choice of four beautiful top coats that are called Sheer Effects and just give a subtle shimmer.

I'm really sold on it - can you tell??!! (Don't have one french client left now - they all love american!)

HTHs, but PM if you'd like more info,

G. xx

:biggrin: I have just purchased my first few creative polishes to try! The first thing I noticed was they seem to be very thin. How do you get good coverage?

I did a french manicure with moonlight and roses, doing base coat, one coat pink, the white free edge and then top coat. After a couple of days the pink (moonlight) was coming off. Should I therefore use two coats of pink or was it something to do with the base and top coat I used?

I haven't yet tried all the variances described in this thread!!!

your method is fine - i have been using it for 7 years without problems - are you making sure you remove all cuticle skin (preferably with CND Cuticle Remover) and then Scrubfresh before applying the polish - if not, try it, I think you will find a great difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back