Natural nails help...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

One of my clients has decided to stop having her l&p enhanacements on & wants to concentrate on the growth of her natural nails.

I advised her she will need regular manicures what other treatments & advice can i offer?

She has had l&p on for the last couple of years so her natural nails are very weak & brittle, quite soft & a bit sore underneath.

Any advice please x

Hiya x

why are her nails in such a bad state..?? Its not the acrylic thats caused it...it must have been either the way they where removed or how they where rebalanced..?? xxxxxxxxxx

Why not have an overlay (l&p or gel)? Her natural nails will need protection in order to grow if they are as weak as you say.

cuticle oil and then some ! the oil will nourish and improve flexibility and the massaging will stimulate growth. apply at least 3 times a day to give things a kick start. it really does work coz i have tested it on myself.

You could try a silk wrap while she is growing the damage out on her natural nail, apply lots of solar oil and rejuvenator as well to help aid recoverya s it contains copper which is excellent for healing.

NailStyle said:
Hiya x

why are her nails in such a bad state..?? Its not the acrylic thats caused it...it must have been either the way they where removed or how they where rebalanced..?? xxxxxxxxxx

She tends to pick them off, naughty i know & i have told her many times but she says she cant resist!!!

How does rebalancing affect the natural nail?

A regular manicure treatment as has already been said plus a good strengthener like Toughen Up applied as a basecoat when varnishing. Tell her to keep her nails varnished at all times (even just base and top rather than colour if she prefers) and only change her varnish no more often that weekly. Apply the oil as mentioned and keep them shortish until the stronger nail starts to grow.

louise said:
She tends to pick them off, naughty i know & i have told her many times but she says she cant resist!!!

How does rebalancing affect the natural nail?

she is naughty...lol...x

what can happen in reblances is that when blending lifting or just thinning zone 3 it can if not done carefully enough damage the natural nail...you wouldn't be aware of it until months later when the damaged zone 3 grows down and then the enhancement is removed...its this that can leave the natural nail thin/week. xx

Latest posts

Back