Natural nails lifting from nail bed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeilaM

Reaction score
Hi all, would appreciate some advice please, recently had acrylics done and soaked them off gently with acetone. I am not qualified but have watched lots of videos and have been really careful. I purchased naio and nsi products and did my own nails only 3 times now but noticed this last time I soaked my nails off various of my own nails have lifted off the nail beds. Is this down to soaking off or acrylics etc ? Have any of you ever seen this happen before ?
many thanks
leila

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1431616619032.jpg
    1431616619032.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 70
Hi Leila

Please don't experiment with enhancement products when you haven't had any specific training, that's probably the best advice, as the resulting nail damage could be directly due to dabbling without proper instruction. Ultimately, watching numerous videos is never going to be enough to provide the appropriate education required.

Either invest in a suitable nail course or alternatively, look for a qualified nail professional in your local area.

Hi Noodle ?
I know it's silly and have been trying to look for a course that I can fit in around my children but don't want to do online, think I prefer more hands on practical. So do you know what has caused my nails to lift ?
thanks

Hi Noodle ?
I know it's silly and have been trying to look for a course that I can fit in around my children but don't want to do online, think I prefer more hands on practical. So do you know what has caused my nails to lift ?
thanks

The damage will most likely have been caused by either incorrect application or incorrect removal.

Ok thanks :(

Noodle is correct, and this unfortunately is the kind of damage we see when these products are used by untrained people.

However, don't give up on looking for a course. Research the best products, you want a company/brand which provides top quality training and ongoing support after you qualify. Look at NSI, CND, Ezflow, Young Nails, OPI to start. They all have trainers around the country and many now offer courses on weekends and not just weekdays.

There's lots of choice out there so don't give in, but I would advise that you stop using the products you already have until you know how to use them correctly.

Unfortunately YouTube is full of videos which do not show the correct or safest procedures and many are put up by the unqualified so it really isn't the best way to learn. However by doing this you have learnt that it's not as easy as it looks and that very real damage can be done!

Latest posts

Back