Natural nails peeling after 2 Shellac treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another thing you need to bear in mind is with these clients who have a lot of de lamination previously it would have flaked away naturally like our skin sheds, but because it has had a coating over it that is slightly tougher than normal polish it can't naturally flake away, the shellac has been doing its job and holding it all together, when you remove the coating the de lamination is evident.
You need to gently remove this de lamination with your koala buffer to allow the reshellac to stick to a firm foundation.
Brisa Lite Smoothing gel will give a better and firmer result if used under Shellac on nails that are uneven from delaminating. In fact BL Smoothing gel was made for nails just like these.

Thinner free edge = wobbly free edge = chips or extra wearing.
Add BL smoothing gel = firm free edge = longer tougher wear time.

This is really interesting thanks so much for the advice. I've been having a look into purchasing the brisa lite kit recommended for use with shellac, sounds great! Could you advise me, would using the brisa lite as a foundation under shellac be a suitable alternative to wearing Gel? I've been using a well known Gel brand for some time now, most of my Gel clients transferred over to shellac but a few still have the Gel as they feel the shellac isnt strong enough for their nails. Would the combination of brisa topped with shellac be a shut table alternative? I'd quite like phase out the gel system. Also, can clients still benefit from shellac even if they have brisa underneath it? As for me and my clients healthy strong nails is one of the massive benefits of shellacking! :) hope this makes sense?! many thanks xxx

if she removes them herself, she can't blame you, its just tough. i would just tell her to put up with it unless she lets you remove them in future. (yes i have spoken to my customers like this!) but your the professional not her. don't let her boss you about. we don't tell surgeons how to operate on us as we wouldn't have the first idea if were not trained (extreme comparison but know what i mean!)

you will need brisa lite so you can soak it off, shellac doesn't buff off very well on the normal brisa gels. with brisa lite base coat you get the benefits of strength plus soak ability

Latest posts

Back