Natural Overlay Refill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wandawump

Reaction score
Hello! :green: I spose this is a stupid question but i just can't get my head around it.
If you do a tip and overlay, that just means using a tip and only 1 colour acrylic over the whole nail right?
then when it starts to grow out and a refill needs doing, how do you do the smile line if it's all in the 1 colour?
wouldn't you see the natural smile line under the acrylic?

Hello! :green: I spose this is a stupid question but i just can't get my head around it.
If you do a tip and overlay, that just means using a tip and only 1 colour acrylic over the whole nail right? Right (normally over white tips if it has a smile)
then when it starts to grow out and a refill needs doing, how do you do the smile line if it's all in the 1 colour? smile line you need to do a basic french rebal and replace the smile using white powder and create your new smile that way
wouldn't you see the natural smile line under the acrylic? yes thats why you perform a french rebal :)

HTH

Thankyou!! What if you used a natural tip, not a white tip and the client doesn't want french? personally myself i'm not overly fussed on the bright white, i like the more natural look. Thankyou for your help :D

Wanda

If your using a natural tip then you dont need to worry about smile lines.. because the natural smile line will eventually show through which is fine - because thats the natural look - I sculpt so for a natural looking nail I actually use Geegs not so secret mix for the FE. :)

Oh i might hafta make up some of that not so secret mix! ummm what is her not so secret mix? lol

lol.. cant remember how to link... so its 2 parts Soft white (this is CND products) 1 part Flawless Pink, and a touch of yellow.. it works just as well using clear powder in place of the soft white as well (and makes a more natural nail look for MALE clients.)

Thankyou so much for your help! :D

No probs hun.. happy nail making :)

Latest posts

Back