Natural Overlay Thickness

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

toni

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've a booking to do a set of overlays, which I haven't done in a while. I am also doing it with Brisa Gels and was wondering. How thick should they be. Am I building the gel with the normal apex etc, or is it just one layer.

Anyone???

Thanks

Toni

I build it as I would a tip overlay. It still needs the strength in the stress area, you just arent adding length.

Hi

I use Akzentz gel and when carrying out overlays I just make a slightly thicker aplication at stress area. I apply first layer thin starting from cuticle and working down the nail, cure then second coat thicker again starting at cuticle but concentrating on the stress area and making it thinner at the free edge, cure, then file and shape if necessary. Apply top gloss gel if this is the gel system you use or if it is a one component gel wipe dispersion layer and oil. Depending on the gel you are using always ensure that on your last layer wrap gel around free edge. I also hear thatsome nail technicians apply forms when doing their overlays.
Regards
Jen

That's what I was thinking, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back