Natural overlays chipping

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fisewell

Reaction score
what reasons do natural overlays chip at the edge after a couple of days and how do you prevent it happening? any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys:irked:

You need to make sure you are capping the free edge. x

Thanks for your reply. I thought I was capping the free edge but obviously not well enough. Is that the only reason that would cause chipping or is there anything else? xx

You might not be building the structure right and the free edge is too thin right...I don't use IBD but I know that if you paint it on like polish (it's a builder gel) it's likely to peel...HTH

Be careful to use the cleanser plus sparingly as it can make the end of the nails brittle because of the acetone in it L x

To ensure you're capping the free edge totally apply a form and extend the free edge by 1 or 2 mm, this makes sure the free edge and sidewalls are completely encased with gel.

When filing the free edge after removing the forms, file at a 90 degree angle with your abrasive angled so that it's filing slightly under the enhancement, this leaves the nail capped as opposed to filing off the capped nail/gel.

hth's

Latest posts

Back