Natural red to ombré?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJJ1

Reaction score
New client. She has virgin red hair, someone h/l underneath with bleach. Picture 5 is clients hair.

She's shown me the pictures below. She knows it's a challenge and may not be as ashy as she likes. I'm thinking full head bleach and starting from there, her natural base is too dark to achieve an ash 7/8 with tint.

Has anyone achieved a good ombre with virgin red hair? What method did you use?

I use wella and L'oreal but prefer wella.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 16
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 13
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 16
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 17
  • pic 5.jpg
    pic 5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Natural colour.jpg
    Natural colour.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 16
Firstly i would take a strand test to see how well it lifts. I find natural red hair either lifts really easily or it really doesn't.

Because of the existing highlights i would do back to back slices in sandwiched foils, being extra careful to avoid those areas and stagger your developer strength. When its nearly to the desired lift i would then go through and do the roots. Once its all lifted i would
then shadow root with diarichesse 7.01 and smudge through dialight 9.11 on the ends. (Pretone with .02 if theres still yellow undertone).

Use olaplex if you have it, and by the looks of it she looks like she needs a really good trim.

Just a word of warning though, i dont know of any natural redheads that would have the skintone to pull of silver/grey.

Best of luck [emoji106]

Thanks for advice Dondon90
I agree with grey not suiting redheads, I've said to her a more beige tone is what she should be aiming for. She's a young client, they just love the silver/grey ombre

Latest posts

Back