natural smile line - what's causing this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
After applying my extensions (tips & acrylic) something strange is happening! the only way I can think of describing it is that it's like my natural smile line is bleeding backwards into the nailbed!! I don't mean bleeding as in blood but if you can imagine blowing paint with a straw that's kinda what it looks like?
I have my exam in 2 weeks so will show my tutor I tried to describe it over the phone but she said she'd have to see it, I was wondering if anyone could shed any light in the meantime? It's really bugging me as it's spoiling the finished look:irked:
Thanks guys

nail19-08.jpg

From what you describe I would guess that your mix ratio is a little too wet? cancel that now I've seen the pic lol !

yeah i'd say too wet as well but it is hard to imagine do you have any pics, as i am confused?

Is the white also not as bright as it could be? Or patchy/cloudy? That would definitely point to it being too wet.

I'll try but i'm a bit pants at taking close ups!! can I ask what makes you think i'm working too wet? is this what happens?

do you mean your natural smile line or the smile line you created?
i think you mean your own smile line, if so could this be a bit of de railing, due to excessive shrinkage of product, and pulling on the nail plate???

yes my natural smile line, it doesn't happen straight away but appears after a few hours:irked:

Just bumping up as added pic (well got hubby to)!!

I would say it is this aswell sorry i thought you ment your white smiles that you created!!:Grope:

My nails do this too. Only I never wear enhancements. Will be interested in any replies to this thread too.

I agree with previous replies, but it could also be that you have used tips that are too small for the natural nail. This can also cause a 'pulling' effect.

I'm almost sure it's not the tips being too small as I always up size, I learnt the hard way what happens when the tips are too small!! My nails have been put through quite alot lately though as I'm constantly practising on them, maybe they're trying to tell me something!!?

I agree with previous replies, but it could also be that you have used tips that are too small for the natural nail. This can also cause a 'pulling' effect.

this happens to me every single time I wear enhancements....with tips, with sculpts, with any system and any brand! I am qualified, experienced and it NEVER happens on clients! So, I don't know. I have never heard of de-railing, and will look at a link to the thread when it's up - sounds interesting.

this happens to me every single time I wear enhancements....with tips, with sculpts, with any system and any brand! I am qualified, experienced and it NEVER happens on clients! So, I don't know. I have never heard of de-railing, and will look at a link to the thread when it's up - sounds interesting.

I had this when I first started practicing on myself, I found it to be several things, I was working too wet, and as you say, they look great to start with, but a few hours later you get this strange "seepage". I also found that over buffing was thining my nail plate, definately too enthusiastic to start with.
Lancslass had a thread on this a while ago, I think it was titled "what the hell,,,?", and through the replies I think it was down to derailment as well.

In the early stages all things go through your mind, I thought it was too little blending on the tip at one point, so tried well less ones and it still happened, so my bet would be too wet ratio, and derailment through possible over buffing and thining the nail plate a little.

Hope you get it sorted.

I had this when I first started practicing on myself, I found it to be several things, I was working too wet, and as you say, they look great to start with, but a few hours later you get this strange "seepage". I also found that over buffing was thining my nail plate, definately too enthusiastic to start with.
Lancslass had a thread on this a while ago, I think it was titled "what the hell,,,?", and through the replies I think it was down to derailment as well.

In the early stages all things go through your mind, I thought it was too little blending on the tip at one point, so tried well less ones and it still happened, so my bet would be too wet ratio, and derailment through possible over buffing and thining the nail plate a little.

Hope you get it sorted.

Well, I don't over buff, my nails aren't thin and my product ratio is fine (even if I do say so myself). It doesn't happen on any clients - ever. It happens with Gel, fibreglass and l&p - with sculpting and with tip and over lay! My nails are natural now and very healthy.... shrug ... I have to read up on this now lol xx

Apologies, I intended to quote cherubs post!

Just thought a little extra info would be appreciated to all,,,,,,you can never know enough, I was just pointing out the problems I had to start with, and if someone can benefit in one way or another thats great.

Apologies, I intended to quote cherubs post!

Just thought a little extra info would be appreciated to all,,,,,,you can never know enough, I was just pointing out the problems I had to start with, and if someone can benefit in one way or another thats great.

youre right... can be all you said.... I was just hyjacking the thread aye! haha... I wll look up the derailing thing xx thanx x

Latest posts

Back