Natural Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBR

Reaction score
Hi,

I put on a brand new set of natural tips on my sister two weeks ago. She likes the french tip look better but she has so short nail beds it just looks silly until her nails are long enough.

Anyway, my point is after only two weeks her own natural nails have grown so much and the thing that she hates is to see her own nails under the enhancements.

What can I say to her to change her mind about having a new set? I think she should just put some nail polish on to cover this up but she's not having that.

And, yes I know if I could do sculpting that would sort it out but what do I do in the meantime?

Hi

Can you do p&w's ? you could buff them down (like a re-balance) and apply white over the tips and pink to the rest of nail (like the french look she's after?

kx

The Little Beauty Room said:
Hi,

I put on a brand new set of natural tips on my sister two weeks ago. She likes the french tip look better but she has so short nail beds it just looks silly until her nails are long enough.

Anyway, my point is after only two weeks her own natural nails have grown so much and the thing that she hates is to see her own nails under the enhancements.

What can I say to her to change her mind about having a new set? I think she should just put some nail polish on to cover this up but she's not having that.

And, yes I know if I could do sculpting that would sort it out but what do I do in the meantime?

I am with Karen - she needs a re-balance and if you apply white powder in Zone 1 down to her natural nail smile line, and then normal pink in zones 2 & 3, she will have a set of gorgeous looking nails without soak off and start again - better for her too!!! Hope you don't mind me saying and shout if I am wrong, but white tips are a great cheat - please please learn to use your brush to create your smiles - if you really get to grips with this, you could have illusion sculpted on her initially and her nail beds would have looked much longer!! If I am going into advanced realms tell me to shush (nicely ;) ) but it's wonderful freedom for you in the future!

Hi,

I've just phoned my sister and put her off coming tonight.

I'm also just away to practice using white on zone one. Hopefully if I master it I shall get her to come up at the weekend to try out for real.

Yes, I do use the white tips because I can't do the smile lines yet and I do believe this is cheating too.

I'll get there in the end (maybe)!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. This website is a godsend to me. ;)

hey well done you.

i just thought id let you know that i put white tips on myself a couple of weeks ago and i did p&w on 1 finger (left hand !) to see them all the one on the little finger looked so much more natural.

I thought white tips would be really helpful to use on me as i havent yet practiced p&w on myself and even just one colour over white tips i find difficult. BUT the white tips really really look false on me as the white smile is too harsh.

Im due infils etc on myself as my right hand especially tends to lift quite early (im right handed - maybe thats why until i practice more) Im definately going to buff them right down and try p&ws on all of my fingers this time.

I can always polish over them until i perfect !! lol

good luck hun.

kx

The Little Beauty Room said:
Hi,

I've just phoned my sister and put her off coming tonight.

I'm also just away to practice using white on zone one. Hopefully if I master it I shall get her to come up at the weekend to try out for real.

Yes, I do use the white tips because I can't do the smile lines yet and I do believe this is cheating too.

I'll get there in the end (maybe)!

Thank you for your words of encouragement. This website is a godsend to me. ;)

Hey Karren, i know exactly where you are coming from. I too have difficulty in doing smile lines. The way i started is to do virtually straight ones for now so at least they look uniform through out the whole hand. Then you can gradually make them more "smiley" as you get confident. I always say its easier to do it on someone else than yourself. I've only been doing this for 3 months and have found it difficult.

Keep practising and make yourself do your right hand first, that's what i do then you know it can only get easier for you. I have to sometimes gee myself up to do my own i really hate it. But i have to say i did an infill with two nails being replaced yesturday and finally got a better result. Look at the tutorial about smile lines and application too as they are so helpful it certainly helped me. Always here if needed, PM me if you want a chat or any help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back