Naughty person on geekbay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adelekeegan1

Chatty geek
Reaction score
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Check the feedback on anybody you are buying from on geekbay.

'Jacquisu' and i both bought from a seller on Geekbay and having paid via Paypal, we have both had trouble getting our purchase.
I took up my case with Paypal and notified mods who I had discussed it with.
J has still not got her lamp, though I got mine eventually (3 weeks)
I was shocked that a fellow geek would treat me like this, sad though it is you need to be careful.:cry:

Thanks for letting us know xx, when iv been on there and asked a question i never get a reply so dont bother now.Although iv bought some good stuff from some geeks and they have been great.Thanks x

why are they still being allowed to sell on geekbay then...?

I only ever buy from geeks that have been around on here for 6 months or more as then we have an idea of what kind of person they are,
i have never had a problem with anything i have bought from the geeks

Name and shame them Adele :)

Crikey thats awful!!:mad::mad:
Whoever it is should be ashamed of themselves. Cant a moderator block them from using this site I wonder?

It wasnt me :lol:

i know its not encouraged.........but...

name n shame the rat! thats theft!!!

Naming and shaming isn't the way to go here.

It's easy for members to see the feedback of sellers/buyers before committing to the transaction.

Crikey thats awful!!:mad::mad:
Whoever it is should be ashamed of themselves. Cant a moderator block them from using this site I wonder?

We are discussing the best course of action to take

Naming and shaming isn't the way to go here.

It's easy for members to see the feedback of sellers/buyers before committing to the transaction.

:green::green:

yes but....i have NEVER checked geekbay feedback ( i do on ebay) i just NIAEVELY assume im not going to get ripped off by a fellow geek !

Thats a lesson i've learnt today:cry:

Amb x

I trust the moderators and that they will sort this out, I don't see there is any need to name & shame anyone.

Great, naming and shaming wont do any good cause if they had a conscience - cant spell! they wouldnt have done it in the first place! Hope they wake up one day with thief permantly tatooed on their forehead!:lol:

I guess when the word gets out about geekbay folk will ply their wares, we're obviously going to get the same charlatans we get on e-bay......maybe it's time for Sam to start charging advertisers for Geekbay, I'm sure the spiders search this area of the site and pull up our ads.....leaving it open to unscrupulous sellers, it doesn't take much to register for the site.....check the sellers profile before you buy xxx

Obviously I cannot and will not say who this person is, however what really saddens me is that this person is a long time member of this board making it all the worse. I am finding it quite hard to take in actually :cry::irked:

The sad and unfortunate thing is, is that we honestly believe that everyone will be as reliant, nice and helpful as we are.

I'm learning quite rapidly that this is not the case, that we should not think that everyone will be as good hearted - that they have their own agendas to follow and it certainly isn't about being helpful etc but getting what they want in any way that they can!

They certainly won't lose any sleep over it and just get on with their next scheming plan!

I for one always like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Who knows personal issues and stresses could have led to this unfortunate situation....but we don't really want to go down the road of speculation do we?

I think the Moderators will deal with this in their usual efficient way, and therefore is there any requirement for this thread and the other one of Adeles to remain open?.

We have been warned , it has been reported, it is being dealt with...surely that should be it.

Obviously I cannot and will not say who this person is, however what really saddens me is that this person is a long time member of this board making it all the worse. I am finding it quite hard to take in actually :cry::irked:

That is really sad, he or she is not worth getting upset or angry over! I'm sure you will sort it professionally and delete them forever!!:mad:

Izzi I agree, that whatever the circumstances of why this has occurred the speculation isn't healthy! Adele I thank you for bringing this to our attention ... and actually closing it always ensure that everyone has a nosey and read it!!!:green:

In the meantime, I would recommend that everyone uses Paypal when making any transaction such as this, it is probably the best way to be able to get your money back when rare situations like this occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back