Nearly qualified please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindsay1984

Reaction score
Hi I will be qualified to do acrylic nails on Sunday. The girl I am doing the course with has been advising me on which materials to buy. I took on board her advice but when she started trying to sell me a lot of things including her old air filter (which I have never seen before) I began to feel a little weary. Which products would be best for me?
I am a beginner, I want the best but as a single parent starting out I also need affordable and essentials (no air filters). I will be doing it mobile and have a case and table. (I have a few miss matched cheap products off ebay for practising). I will need everything from brush to files before I can start and really want to start as soon as possible but I just cant see how I will afford everything I need to start without working. I have already bin saving for the course im doing since last xmas and im feeling really disheartened that it may be another 6 month before I can afford the products I need.

So in short.
What are the basics I need to start?
Which are the best but affordable products to use?
Where is the best place to but them from?

Lindsay xxx

Once you are qualified I would start looking at brands like nsi, CND, young nails crystal nails and BrillBird if you go to their websites and register (you will need to email qualifications etc) then you will be able to order trial packs of their products then you can decide which you like and go from there. Hth x

Are you using a specific brand to train with? If so, I'd suggest going with them firstly then, if you're not happy, get a few trial packs from different brands (NSI, Harmony, CND etc) and try them out.

It's not necessary, but if you do find one of those you like, when you can go on a conversion course. You'll be taught how to use that specific product and how to get the best result.

It's not a cheap industry to start off in, despite being able to buy 'cheap' stuff from ebay. Try to only get your basics from there ie. Nail art bits and bobs. If you invest wisely in better products now, you won't have to spend more money replacing them in the future.

Hth and good luck in your new career :)

Hi there, I started my training in September this year and I will be fully qualified by this time next year (fingers crossed!) then I am going on to do a further one year at level 3 but I have found as I have gone along that it is very expensive.(I work with CND) The cheap rubbish off EBay is exactly that...cheap rubbish and I have picked up quite early on in my training that the well known professional brands are by far the best, easier to work with and give the best results. Keep saving up for the best you can afford it will be worth it in the end.:biggrin:
How long have you been training for? I absolutely love every second of my course and I can't wait to get back to college after my days off :biggrin: I practice hours on end at home and I love every second of that too...although those bloomin smile lines get me down sometimes :wink2:

Latest posts

Back