NEC Birmingham?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPerfection

Reaction score
Hello professionals! :)
Beauty show is coming in 2 weeks. Have decided finally to visit and see what's the fuss about. Those who've been, can you purchase products and equipment over there, is it cheaper and what do you need for that, e.g, proof of insurance, certificates etc? Or are these shows only to introduce with latest stuff on market etc.
Thank you in advance! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello professionals! :)
Beauty show is coming in 2 weeks. Have decided finally to visit and see what's the fuss about. Those who've been, can you purchase products and equipment over there, is it cheaper and what do you need for that, e.g, proof of insurance, certificates etc? Or are these shows only to introduce with latest stuff on market etc.
Thank you in advance! :)

Hi there!
You can indeed buy products there! All the big nail & beauty brands will be there, I'm not sure about certification someone else would have to confirm that.
The shows showcase all types of things, big brands, small brands, new things, awards and competitions. I'm going with Faceframe & Dermace I really can not wait!!
Have fun xx

Hiya, I am crazily excited..have been to the ones in London and they were so packed but so amazing..crazy to actually see how many people actually work or study within the beauty and hair industry. from what I remember a lot of companies offer vat free on the day, if they have stock on the day you take it there and then but in some cases they deliver after the show to your salon/home. When I made a purchase for the shellac kits and the and the manicure and pedicure kits I did have to send them proof of my mani/pedi course. CND shellac only asked for a mani/pedi course certificate as opposed to a certified shellac certificate which surprised me. other than that they have so many offers on and I always manage to pick up amazing products. Defo worth taking the plastic cards but do be careful because its so easii to get carried away..:D

Thank you very much indeed! I'm looking forward to it now even more 😊

Im not very impressed with the brand line up this year, apart from a couple of big names there are hardly any of interest to me.

It seems most of the well known companies wait until the London shows which is a shame for us in the midlands.

To answer your question yes you can buy products there but last year all I came away with was a coffee and a candle !

Oh dear. I checked the list and only couple of names got my attention too. Well, at least I'll see what's it all about. Thanks God it's free entry 😁

This is my first beauty show exciting :)

I wasn't impressed with the line up either! But I've picked 5 stalls I am going to the rest will just be having a nose to see if it's any good :) x

If anyone is interested I'm going tomorrow morning about 8ish am from Wakefield/Leeds area. If you want to join me, let me know. Thanks

Im not very impressed with the brand line up this year, apart from a couple of big names there are hardly any of interest to me.

It seems most of the well known companies wait until the London shows which is a shame for us in the midlands.

To answer your question yes you can buy products there but last year all I came away with was a coffee and a candle !

Yh it's been a steady decline of big brands over years, but I still go as I like to buy a new dress every year from there as it's got good discount, and browse and buy bits & pieces ... And plus I get a lecturer pack, normally some nice goodies... <3

Latest posts

Back