Nec Comp..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
Hi all fellow comp entries...(eek! getting nervous now!)

I'm entering top tech l&p (all sorted with that one, no q's) and the salon nails comp.
My question is re salon nails comp. For anyone else who's entering, are you doing pink and white? or Natural? or what? It doesn't say you have to do p&w but I would say 90% of my salon nails are this so would it make sense to do p&w?!

Sorry if it doesn't make much sense. I was thinking of doing p&w but in a soft white not bright white (as in top tech comp). Have read the rules but it doesn't realy give guidelines other than one hand has to be painted red.

Any suggestions as to what you're all doing would help to settle my nerves I think!

Hi Claire I am not competing but I thought it meant pink and whites but more as you would do them in the salon ie shorter and thicker.

Even if it doesn't stipulate p&w, I sure would imagine that you would gain extra points by doing p&w.

Good luck hun!:hug:

i heard we were aloud to use white tips in the salon comp is this true xx

I wouldn't be surprised because you are also aloud to use cuticle oils, etc. However, I would say the same that you would still score higher if you produced as good nails with white powder.

Good luck to you all!

Thanks guys, hope to see a few geeks there. I will be doing p&w I think. I'm pretty sure white tips are just allowed for fibreglass. xx

Just checked the general rules and regs and it states that use of french tips is prohibited

gel top coats and uv finishers - OK
oils and hydrating products - OK
No cuticle products are allowed

HTH

Thankyou honey i didn't see that in my rules and regs i'm gonne read through them again Properly xxx

This a little confusing.....:confused:
In the general rules and regulations, which covers all catergories, [top tech gel, L&P and Fibreglass, AND salon tech,] it states:
The use of French Tips are Prohibited.

I asume then, thats all competitors in all catergories!

This is my first comp......yep nerves are setting in:| , but I can only try my best, learn the experience of a competition and if I do something wrong- I'll know for next time!!!!!! [ Thats IF there's a next time....:eek: I may not like it!?]

You'll probably love it cheryl! Even if you don't enjoy the comp it's great to meet up with people and have a good spend!!

Good luck, see you there xx

Calm down Cheryl! Do your best and ENJOY the experience. I am sure you'll get the competition bug too. Good luck!

Calm down Cheryl! Do your best and ENJOY the experience. I am sure you'll get the competition bug too. Good luck!
Errr Chris, I'm trying to stay calm....:lol:

Were you like this on your 'first time' ??

Another thing thats bugging me on the comp rules, when cuticle work is done prior to the day of comp, does that mean all prep work can be done before comp too?

Errr Chris, I'm trying to stay calm....:lol:

Were you like this on your 'first time' ??
I'm like that all the time whether competing or not lol!

Just try and have some fun and enjoy. You are not going to do your best if you are all in a flap. ENJOY and look forward to the excitement xx:)

Another thing thats bugging me on the comp rules, when cuticle work is done prior to the day of comp, does that mean all prep work can be done before comp too?
Do all prep before the competition - saves a lot of time.

Latest posts

Back