Neck & Back Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TechJaylee

Reaction score
I haven't done nails for three years, and I'm starting again on the 15th. I'm so beyond excited, I have missed it more than I thought I would. I have been active in other ways though. I quit due to my physical problems, I'm sure most technicians have it. Neck and back! I have read some posts that scare me, people having such horrible problems and I truly feel for you. I'm pretty scared, I'm not sure how well I'm going to deal with it physically. It really ran me down. I have a long torso, so I always seem to be in a bad position. My fiance is building be a nice pedicure set up to savor my back. The gal I'm renting from, I mentioned my boyfriend building me a table and she said "Oh, I'll provide the table." I don't think its going to be the best setup! But until I can open my salon "Jaylee's" it will have to do!

Does anyone have any good ideas, as far as protecting your back and neck?

Any table types you recommend?

Any opinions would be really appreciated!

I haven't done nails for three years, and I'm starting again on the 15th. I'm so beyond excited, I have missed it more than I thought I would. I have been active in other ways though. I quit due to my physical problems, I'm sure most technicians have it. Neck and back! I have read some posts that scare me, people having such horrible problems and I truly feel for you. I'm pretty scared, I'm not sure how well I'm going to deal with it physically. It really ran me down. I have a long torso, so I always seem to be in a bad position. My fiance is building be a nice pedicure set up to savor my back. The gal I'm renting from, I mentioned my boyfriend building me a table and she said "Oh, I'll provide the table." I don't think its going to be the best setup! But until I can open my salon "Jaylee's" it will have to do!

Does anyone have any good ideas, as far as protecting your back and neck?

Any table types you recommend?

Any opinions would be really appreciated!

i found i had some relief from my back problems when i changed to a slightly narrower table , my other was a little wide for me and i had to reach a bit too far. it made a big difference to me.

i would also suggest good lighting too so that you do not have to get down close to the nails to see properly.

i also found using an electric file helps me avoid pain with my problem back.

doing these things should help you maintain a good posture and help control back pain. i hope things work out well for you.

as long as you sit up straight and keep your shoulders down and relaxed,all during the service you'll be comfy. there's an article in nails mag that says its muscle straining so just chill girl. pedis-let out your legs a bit. :)

Latest posts

Back