Neck Creams

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaute

Reaction score
Hi,

I am only 19 and I have lines on my neck:cry: I have lines running down the middle of my chest and I have a line on my neck.

Is there anything my fellow geeklins' can recommend and is this normal for my age?

Thanking you in advance.

Louise

I would have thought you were a bit young, but it depends on how much you have spent in the sun and whether you have dry skin or not. I tend to just use my facial moisturiser and bring it down to cleavage level.

I am sure you will get a better answer from the qualified BTs.

naturalnails said:
I would have thought you were a bit young, but it depends on how much you have spent in the sun and whether you have dry skin or not. I tend to just use my facial moisturiser and bring it down to cleavage level.

I am sure you will get a better answer from the qualified BTs.

Thanks for your reply.

Whilst I was on holiday I was using an Spf 50 and I applied this from my neck downwards.

I only sleep on my side so I wonder if this could be contributing to it?

Thanks Again

beaute said:
Thanks for your reply.

Whilst I was on holiday I was using an Spf 50 and I applied this from my neck downwards.

I only sleep on my side so I wonder if this could be contributing to it?

Thanks Again
Sleeping on your side should not make any difference.You should be using a different neck cream to what you are using for your face.Different areas of our body require different needs.I would recommend the Darphin range,Energic Cream.This is specifically for face and neck.However there are a lot of products that cater for the one area only so you really need to make sure that the products you are using cater for the areas you are concerned about.The Energic Cream improves elasticity,firmness and tone.Your skin feels and looks better immediately.HTH

BABSann said:
Sleeping on your side should not make any difference.You should be using a different neck cream to what you are using for your face.Different areas of our body require different needs.I would recommend the Darphin range,Energic Cream.This is specifically for face and neck.However there are a lot of products that cater for the one area only so you really need to make sure that the products you are using cater for the areas you are concerned about.The Energic Cream improves elasticity,firmness and tone.Your skin feels and looks better immediately.HTH

Many Thanks for your reply.

With me being 19 my skin still breakouts from time to time, so I am after a cream purely for the neck area.

I am on a budget,. but then again I don't want a wrinkled neck by the time time I'm 25.

Since I've come back I have noticed that the lines aren't as bad as they were when I was away.

Thanks Again.

Do you mind if i ask if you use a sunbed or sunbathe a lot? my mate used one (a lot!) and now (i'm not lying) she looks like the woman off Pink's "Stupid Girls" video (you know, the one at the end with blonde hair, wrinkles and a tracksuit... spitting image! even my mom said it!)

the reason i ask is, everyone i know that gets a lot of uva seem to have those lines down their chest between their boobs. if you do, trying staying away from the light!

any good moisturiser will plump the skin up and help smooth them out, but any you've already got won't go away. sorry hun.

Buggy said:
Do you mind if i ask if you use a sunbed or sunbathe a lot? my mate used one (a lot!) and now (i'm not lying) she looks like the woman off Pink's "Stupid Girls" video (you know, the one at the end with blonde hair, wrinkles and a tracksuit... spitting image! even my mom said it!)

the reason i ask is, everyone i know that gets a lot of uva seem to have those lines down their chest between their boobs. if you do, trying staying away from the light!

any good moisturiser will plump the skin up and help smooth them out, but any you've already got won't go away. sorry hun.

I sunbathed for 3 hours everyday I was away (between 1pm and 3pm). The lines I have do run down between the boobs. But they aren't that noticeable now. With me only being small chested it looks odd with a few lines down there. LOL.

The skin on the neck / decollete is more delicate and does need care to prevent lines forming. I always advise clients to give it the same skin care routine as they give their face as it is exposed to the same elements. Exposure to the elements doesnt stop at your chin - unless you wear polo necks all the time :green: but most people stop their skin care at the chin. An Spf daily is essential to prevent damage in my opinion.

To give a boost for quick results - take your facial products to the decollete - including a twice weekly exfoliation followed by a moisture mask. Also you can double up by taking your body lotion up to your neck, I wouldnt advise using a body scrub on the neck decollete - they are usually too harsh.

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser is fab product at a brilliant price and although it is a facial moisturiser it was voted Best Neck cream in the Beauty Bible. clicky here for a look at the range
HTH
KxXx

beaute said:
I sunbathed for 3 hours everyday I was away (between 1pm and 3pm). The lines I have do run down between the boobs. But they aren't that noticeable now. With me only being small chested it looks odd with a few lines down there. LOL.

i was thinking more long term exposure that could have caused it? are you a sun lover in any case? did you know that 80% of old age wrinkles are caused by daily exposure to the sun's rays (that's not sunbathing, that means walking about in daylight... even if its cold) so you should always use moisturisers with an spf in it (Olay do one called complete care, its got spf15 in it and its not expensive, and is a good non oily one so you can put your make up over it)

Clarins extra firming neck cream is my fave approx £30 or if your on a budget Lush mirror mirror neck cream is about £7 :)

Hi,

Thank you for your advice. I am going to do what you suggested.

The moisturiser I use on my face I am going to use on my neck and decolletage also, and on a night time I will put my body lotion on my decolletage and neck.

Thanks Again, I really appreciate it.

Louise

Latest posts

Back