Need a good moisturizer for dehydrated skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come on let's stay professional. The Hair geeks have this problem too - people recommending OTC products. Nail geeks how would you feel if a skin geek recommended using Sally Hansen products in a nail thread, or worse?

Sorry, yes got carried away too but what I recommended works for me but only in case of an emergency

However, I do feel that (and this is my own personal opinion) we have to be careful about dissing OTC products these days especially since House of Fraser now sell Elemis OTC. I know what's a professional product and what's not but does Jo Public?

Hi, I would suggest giving REN Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal, becuase often De-hydrated skin can be lacking oil just as much as water. If you have a more oily skin type, this product can also be mixed in with your normal moist, even just a drop can be enough, if your skin can take an oil, I would suggest mixing a drop with your moisturiser for day and just using the oil at night for a week and see how you get on, also lots of water helps skin lacking in hydration and making sure you are getting enough omega 3 or linseed oil in the diet. Hope this helps.

Hi, I would suggest giving REN Omega 3 Overnight Lipid Renewal, becuase often De-hydrated skin can be lacking oil just as much as water. If you have a more oily skin type, this product can also be mixed in with your normal moist, even just a drop can be enough, if your skin can take an oil, I would suggest mixing a drop with your moisturiser for day and just using the oil at night for a week and see how you get on, also lots of water helps skin lacking in hydration and making sure you are getting enough omega 3 or linseed oil in the diet. Hope this helps.

Thank you for your help hun, it sounds very good, will look at my diet and where do you get the oil from?

cheers:hug:

Hi There
For dehydrated skin, like advised in a previous thread...drink plenty of water try for a litre per day. Its not just getting the outside subtle and hydrated you have to work from the the inside also. SPF is real important too! The product you need is something that is for dehydration not necessarily dry skin. You will be surprised just what a difference the water makes. You can have any skin type with dehydration even oily skin (That was me)
Wont be long and your skin will be tip top:)
x

The omega 3 Serum has omega 3 in it, hence the name, lol. You can by omega 3 supplements from any goo dhealth food store, im a vegetarian thats why I take the Linseed oil instead, again in a capsule form, but you can buy the oil and use it on salads and stuff, although you cant cook with it, but def would look at what your puting into your body as this can make such a diffence in your skin and de-hydrated skin def needs loads of water and extra omega 3 in the diet, would def suggest the Ren omega 3 serum, you will def see a difference. x

hi

cheers for that will get my diet sorted and start on the creams etc

thanks everyone

nenee:hug:

moisturiser is spelt with an S not a Z!

I just wanted to say that either spelling is correct. The Oxford English Dictionary lists both spellings......:)

Latest posts

Back